Side story from the Jpn guide of Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side story from the Jpn guide of Resident Evil 5

This side article is written by Benny Matsuyama of Studio Bent Stuff, who authored the book, which is co-produced by Capcom and Famitsu. If you googled his name, you'll see that SE have commissioned him to write up short stories for their FF7 guide before, and was stated to be canon by the scenario director.

The supplementary material is written under the eyes of Capcom Japan (i assume), and it depicts the inner thought of Chris at the start of the game so its quite a boring read. There are 5 more articles within the guide (Biohazard 5 Kaitaishinsho) which also includes the perspective of Sheva and Jill, but I think I'll just post one up at the moment.

Chapter 1
    Spoiler:

Chapter 2
    Spoiler:

Chapter 3
    Spoiler:

Chapter 4
    Spoiler:

Chapter 5
    Spoiler:

Chapter 6
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by xfactor; 09-01-2010, 10:12 AM.

Very interesting...

Comment

I enjoyed it thanks for posting it. Can you post the rest of them?

Comment

Originally posted by SamuraiEdge View Post
        I enjoyed it thanks for posting it. Can you post the rest of them?
        +1
        Spoiler:

Comment

Cant wait to see the others

Comment

Thanks for posting that. It's nice to see any supplemental, hard-to-get-your-hands-on material from RE5. I look forward to the next installments.

Comment

And yet you'll still have people bitching that Sheva was a throw away character simply shoved in at the last second to deal with racist accusations. I think she has a decent, semi-realistic enough back story. I've seen several random biographies while working about men and women from Africa that were apart of rebel groups or from impoverished families that came to America, received proper education, etc.

Thanks for posting this Xfactor. It was definitely an interesting read. Can't wait to see more.
              sigpic
              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Agreed, a great post. Hope you do put the rest up soon? Have you just the Bio5 ones translated at the moment as Benny has done stories for the other kaitashinsho guides aswel.
                "I've got 100 cows."
                "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Wow. Nice. I enjoyed reading this. Hope for more.

Comment

I really liked this. ♥ I love reading POVs of the characters. The Jill stuff was so sweet, too. I can't wait to see more!

Comment

"their teamwork is like an eagle who are able to escape from biohazardous danger."

lol'd, but it's a very interesting piece. He really has a way of capturing all the emotion of RE5, hell he should just put out a novelization since obviously S.D. Perry isn't in a rush to do 4 or 5.
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

since obviously S.D. Perry isn't in a rush to do 4 or 5.
                        Thank God.

Comment

Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
                          Thank God.
                          Yea, yea I know. The first book served as a good bathroom read for many years though
                          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                            Yea, yea I know. The first book served as a good bathroom read for many years though
                            Maybe if you ran outta toilet paper.

Comment

Chris felt that their teamwork is like an eagle who are able to escape from biohazardous danger.
                              I lol'd at that bit too REmaster. Makes me want to cut a slow-motion Chris & Jill fanvideo with Bette Midler singing "You are the wind beneath my wings".

Interesting read though. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X