Resident Evil 5 played like Resident Evil 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 played like Resident Evil 1

I just found this YouTube video on how this person managed to not only played as Wesker, but also made some other modifications to make the game itself look like it's played as one of the classic Resident Evil games with the static camera angles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylrN5ddvnDQ

Sliding the bar over to the 4:30 mark shows the "unedited version" of the same clip which shows how he made the "edited" version.

I would love that, but like someone in the comments said, the lack of auto-aim makes that nearly unplayable. If it had auto-aim, it'd be awesome.

Really cool either way, though.

Comment

That was really awesome, and funny. I love how he shoots the tubes with the flowers and just snickers. Heheheh...

"Pitiful flowers. Reminds me of chaff. Wheat is so much better."
      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

How do people make these mods?

Comment

I saw this a couple of days ago and thought it was awesome. Sectus was very clever with designing that video. But, seeing RE5 with those kind of "camera angles" really gives the game a different feel. I love it.

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
          That was really awesome, and funny. I love how he shoots the tubes with the flowers and just snickers. Heheheh...

"Pitiful flowers. Reminds me of chaff. Wheat is so much better."
          Same here. I got a good laugh out of that.

Comment

does anyone know where you can download the wesker soundbits? i think there was a thread somewhere that mentioned someone extracting them?

Comment

I lol'd pretty hard when he walked into that office, busted a wood barrel and yelled "You will give me an egg!"

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
                does anyone know where you can download the wesker soundbits? i think there was a thread somewhere that mentioned someone extracting them?
                Here you go.

Sectus, from Capcom Unity (and the same person who uploaded this video on YouTube), extracted them from the 360 disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Karui View Post
                  How do people make these mods?
                  If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

haha that was awsome, a bit wierd to see RE5 with the old static camera angles but cool none the less. I agree that it must be hard to shoot with that style of camera though as you cant aim correctly

Comment

Originally posted by I_Am_Nemesis View Post
                      haha that was awsome, a bit wierd to see RE5 with the old static camera angles but cool none the less. I agree that it must be hard to shoot with that style of camera though as you cant aim correctly
                      Yes I got that impression myself.

Comment

Very cool. Perhaps this is how they've achieved some of the static camera shots featured in the latest RE5 Gold Edition trailer.

I wonder if those shots were just to raise interest, or if they'll actually be playable in the LIN scenario?

Anyway, thanks for posting this vid.

EDIT: Nevermind...in the RE5 trailer, it shows both Chris & Jill in the same frame while the camera remains static.
                        Last edited by Jill's Boob; 01-20-2010, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I used to do that using Action Replay codes with RE4 on the Gamecube. A code to move the camera about freely and then another code with jokers applied so you can lock the camera in place.

Was fun to use in Mercenaries, locking the camera in an area and seeing how long you could survive in the cameras view.

Comment

Brilliant idea, poorly executed.

Assuming this is the same one i saw the other day (Wesker in the flower cave?) then the first part needed at least another two or three angles i thought. But yeah, given a bit of tightening up there's a ton of potential. Would take a lot of work to do the whole game though.

I did laugh at "YOU WILL GIVE ME AN EGG!" though, i'm guessing that's a line from Mercs/Versus.

Comment

That was pretty sweet! How can one do this? I'm already aware of the RE 4/RE 5 modding site. But didn't know this was possible

*Edit* Nevermind I see how he did it. Still cool though!
                              Last edited by Hunk_4TH; 01-20-2010, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X