Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shattered Memories PS2 is lacking in visuals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shattered Memories PS2 is lacking in visuals.

Apparently the graphics in the PS2 version of Shattered Memories are noticeably worse than the graphics in the Wii version.

Heres the a link to a nice comparison video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3npcg...layer_embedded

Wii is this generation and ps2 is last generation, so its not really a fair comparison.

Comment

^ Seconded. Just because there's a bunch of PS2 ports doesn't mean that's the graphical capability of the Wii. Remember, the Wii is capable of graphics better than the original Xbox and the GC. The PS2 is the worst platform graphics-wise of the last generation, actually.
      Last edited by Canas Renvall; 01-27-2010, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I think it's because the PS2 version is nothing but a port-up of the PSP version, not developed dedicated-ly for the system ..

it's not a matter of hardware in this case, the PS2 has had games that look much better than what SH SM offers.
        Last edited by A-J; 01-27-2010, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Karui View Post
          Wii is this generation and ps2 is last generation, so its not really a fair comparison.
          Rubbish. Comparing a PS2 game to a 360/PS3 game wouldn't be a fair comparison.

The Wii however has never been regarded as a graphics powerhouse, so the comparison to the PS2 is more than apt.

But yeah, A-J solved it.

Comment

I like the wii. Calm down.

I post this because there are many people that said the Wii version of shattered memories would just be the PS2 version with gimmicky controls.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out who exactly isn't calm in the thread.

I'm assuming you mean me...despite me backing up the idea behind your link?
              Last edited by Stu; 01-27-2010, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                I'm trying to figure out who exactly isn't calm in the thread.

I'm assuming you mean me...despite me backing up the idea behind your link?
                I post this and instantly there are comments.

^ Seconded. Just because there's a bunch of PS2 ports doesn't mean that's the graphical capability of the Wii. Remember, the Wii is capable of graphics better than the original Xbox and the GC. The PS2 is the worst platform graphics-wise of the last generation, actually.
                Implying that I am in some way trying to bash a console's graphics. Which I am not, so I cleared that up.
                Last edited by BLSR1; 01-27-2010, 08:12 PM.

Comment

I love that song so much that I watched the video several times.

Comment

Apparently the graphics in the PS2 version of Shattered Memories are noticeably worse than the graphics in the Wii version.
                    Wow, what an astonishing headline!
                    Who would have thunk it?

It's still somewhat embarrassing for the Wii that the comparison has even been made, IMO. (with the Wii being SO much more powerful than the PS2, Xbox and GC)

I still don't have the game but I intend to eventually. I like my Wii for some games and the Wii version looks best (but the graphics still couldn't be considered impressive by today's standards).
                    On the other hand, the rest of my SH collection is all on Playstation so it would be nice to complete the set. Also, I've read at a few other forums, some people absolutely HATE the Wii controls. At least the PS2 version would spare me from having to frequently shake my Wiimote like a f**ktard...

Comment

It's already been said but the PS2 version, just like the PS2 version of Origins, is a port of the PSP title. It's obviously unclear if the PS2 could do the Wii edition or not, but the obvious port done is clearly a cost saving one.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                        Also, I've read at a few other forums, some people absolutely HATE the Wii controls. At least the PS2 version would spare me from having to frequently shake my Wiimote like a f**ktard...
                        Whoever told you that is wrong. The controls are probably some of the tightest and most intuitive I've played in a Wii game. It gets only slightly off when you get like four of the Raw Shocks piling on you and it gets frantic, but that kinda helps set the mood, like you're actually trying to shove those little bastards off.

Definitely get the Wii version. If you're worried about controls, don't.
                        Last edited by Canas Renvall; 01-28-2010, 08:59 PM.

Comment

From watching that video, Is it just me, Or does Harry seem to be freaking out at giant blocks of ice.
                          In the Wii side you can clearly see the Raw Shocks behind the ice.
                          Is the PS2 unable to render transparent graphics properly?

Aside from that, I like how in the PS2 version it's a lot more foggy.
                          It feels more like Silent Hill with that.

I honestly don't see that much of a graphical decline in the PS2 version.
                          Aside from the ice, Which is now fully opaque. :/

Comment

The graphics look great. The Resident Evil remake was better, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Weremuffin View Post
                              From watching that video, Is it just me, Or does Harry seem to be freaking out at giant blocks of ice.
                              In the Wii side you can clearly see the Raw Shocks behind the ice.
                              Is the PS2 unable to render transparent graphics properly?

Aside from that, I like how in the PS2 version it's a lot more foggy.
                              It feels more like Silent Hill with that.

I honestly don't see that much of a graphical decline in the PS2 version.
                              Aside from the ice, Which is now fully opaque. :/
                              No, I've seen PS2 games with ice transperancy (and generally better graphics - hell, check out the details in Silent Hill 3). Again, for the third time in this topic, it's just an unenhanced port of the PSP edition which is limited clearly in scope.
                              Last edited by Rombie; 01-30-2010, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X