Umbrella Chronicles Side A/Side B Novels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umbrella Chronicles Side A/Side B Novels

(for information: http://projectumbrella.net/forum/Bio...ASide-B-Novels)

Discuss here. From what I've heard thus far from translated passages... they really do tie the old series up rather well. We learn the true history behind Marcus, Spencer and Ashford, the foundation of Umbrella, discovery of Progenitor (at least on Marcus' part) and Wesker being able to send commands to Nemesis during Raccoon City (explaining how he was able to get its combat data, and how he knew Ada betrayed him).

Translating these will be a top priority soon.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

I would like to read the whole thing. Even if its not canon.

Comment

I just like to say to you News Bot good luck. We're all counting on you. (...And your people from Project Umbrella)

Can't wait to read it.
      Last edited by Shadow Stalker; 01-29-2010, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I should have a translation done by the end of the month, which may not be quick enough, considering the competition!
        Attached Files

Comment

HERE IT IS! This is a small section I had done from the last chapter, surrounding the events in Biohazard 3.....A more detailed transcription can be found in the Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles Side A/Side B Novels thread, just ovet at Project Umbrella.....please enjoy!

Biohazard: The Umbrella Chronicles Side A
          By Osamu Makino

6〜13  Introduction
          16〜109 Ecliptic Express Incident 1998.07.23
          112〜197  The Mansion Incident 1998.07.24
          200〜268  Raccoon City Annihilation 1998.09.28

1 p200
          It was in a high-pressure high-temperature solution resembling the primordial ocean.

It was dreaming.
          A dream of only smell and sound.
          An unpleasant dream.
          It was irritated.

The source of the discomfort was anxiety.
          The anxiety of birth.
          But it had no mental capacity to understand that experience.
          That is why it was suffering from unpleasant dreams.
          Then it woke.
          For it, this was the moment of birth.
          There was no difference between awakening and birth.
          It was starving.
          But, this was no simple hunger for food.
          A much more advanced and complicated craving.
          In other words, something resembling love.
          An intense love toward its objects.
          A desire to love it, own it, and bring it under its control.
          That was its drive.
          Where did it learn this?
          It was from that which created it, its creator-----God.
          God engraved into it the name of what it must love.
          Now it has awakened.
          The solution began to drain out of the tank. It was the first time it breathed in air.
          The glass smoothly lifted.
          It took a step into the world.
          And roared the name of what it desired.
          “STARRRRRRRRS!!”

2 p202
          Anybody who witnessed that event would think, that it was hell.
          The city was overflowing with the dead.
          They were starving.
          They preyed on the living.
          They envied the living.
          That is why they chew on the flesh of those still living, and convert them to the same fate.
          Gangs of cannibal-dead paraded around the city.

A car flipped on its side was engulfed in flames.
          A charred body crawled out from inside, and stood up to quench its thirst with the blood of the living.
          There were sounds of gunshots in the distance.
          There were people yelling and screaming.
          A police car races through the streets. It hardly looks like they are trying to help anyone.
          A house is burning.
          A nice little French restaurant.
          The restaurant was engulfed in flames and the neighbors were next to fall prey to the fire.
          No firefighters will come to the scene.
          No spectators will gather either.
          The house just burns.
          A city transformed into hell.

This is Raccoon City.
          An industrial city in the Mid-West of America with a population of about 100,000.
          The city was developed by the Umbrella Corporation. They built all the factories in the city, and the Umbrella Corporation in some way employed 30% of the residents.

If not for the virus leak, it was quite a peaceful city.
          But the Umbrella Corporation had designed the city for extreme emergencies.
          Extreme emergency meaning when there is a biohazard.
          There are only two freeways that lead out of the city.
          To get to the freeway in the North, you must drive through the property of Umbrella Corporation’s factories.
          Ordinarily it was not treated as private property, but it could be easily blockaded.
          A mobile wall had just been positioned to block the entire road.
          In the early morning, residents were directed to evacuate the city from this road, but as soon as security detected people who were infected with the virus, they shut-off access.

The Western freeway faced the Arklay mountain range and was connected by a bridge that extended off a sharp cliff. No resident was aware of the fact that this bridge was actually a drawbridge, and with a flip of the switch the middle would split making it impassable.
          That is exactly what had happened.
          Since the biohazard outbreak, the city has been in lockdown.
          Umbrella had sent in their private security force, the UBCS, to maintain order within the city.
          However, this was merely a formality, as nobody believed that a force of several dozen security personnel could manage this situation.
          The number of zombies multiplied exponentially.
          Those remaining in Raccoon City were left with only one choice. To be killed and resurrected as the living dead.
          But, even in this hopeless situation, there were some who did not give up.
          Jill Valentine was one of them.
          She secretly came to Raccoon City in order to investigate the evils of the Umbrella Corporation.

Jill, together with Chris, attempted to warn the public about Umbrella Corp’s virus leaks and dehumanizing experiments.
          But the information she had, lacked concrete evidence for the media to take them seriously.
          Having a reputation as conspiracy-nuts was tolerable, but as a result of their persistence, the police issued search warrants against them as prime suspects of several incidents including the explosion at the mansion.
          It was an easy move for Umbrella Corp, who had the city police on their payroll.

Chris was collecting evidence at the European branches of Umbrella Corp.
          Jill secretly remained in Raccoon City to dig up more information on Umbrella Corp.
          It was during this time that the chaos began.
          From early in the morning, emergency warnings were sent from the radio, television, and loudspeakers mounted on emergency vehicles, telling all residents to evacuate immediately.
          At that point the situation was relatively calm.
          Umbrella Corp already knew that the virus had leaked into Raccoon City, and that zombie attacks had been reported.
          Of course, none of that information was made public.
          Unsuspectingly, the residents began to evacuate.
          Just two hours after the evacuation began, infected evacuees were discovered.
          The government sent in the army and Raccoon City was completely closed off.
          Now, all that remains in the city are dead bodies and the forsaken.
          They will probably both be disposed of and eliminated from history.

Jill was trying to somehow escape from the city.
          But she was in a hopeless situation.
          With her back against the wall, she had run into a blind alley.
          She had used up almost all of her bullets.
          The only other weapon she had was a knife that she had just killed five zombies with, but there were at least 50 zombies gathering at the entrance of the alley.
          Once they bite you, you are infected.
          Even to Jill, it seemed impossible to escape uninfected with these 50 or so zombies advancing toward her.
          It seemed that all she could do was pray, but Jill would not pray.
          If a miracle were to happen, she had to make it happen with all that she had left in her.
          She loaded the last cartridge into the gun.
          With precision, she terminated a zombie with each bullet.
          She was finally down to her last shot.
          Jill looked for a zombie worthy of the last bullet, but the dead all looked the same.
          She blasted the forehead of the zombie right in front of her.
          She was out of ammo.
          Jill pulls out her knife, as the zombies marched toward her.
          With all the strength she could muster, Jill kicked them to the ground, slit their throats, and broke their necks.
          Then a miracle happened. God must have been listening to her.
          There were sounds of gunshots.
          The zombie approaching her fell to the ground.
          Then the next zombie fell, and the one after that.
          The precision was even more impressive than Jill’s.
          Each shot pierced through a zombie’s head.
          The zombies continued to hit the asphalt.
          There were only a few left standing.
          In small numbers, they were no match for Jill.
          While they clumsily moved toward her, she tore their necks to deliver them their second death.
          In no time the mob of zombies were no more.
          A young man in army uniform appeared with his assault rifle.
          “Are you alright?” he asked.
          “Yeah thanks. You have a good aim,” Jill complimented.
          “You’re no amateur either. Most people wouldn’t even think about fighting those monsters.”
          “Even housewives could do what I did.”
          “Well if you’re an ordinary housewife then that makes me a boyscout.”
          “I’m Jill Valentine. I’m a member of S.T.A.R.S.”
          She stuck her hand out.
          “Wow, you’re from S.T.A.R.S. Isn’t that the elite unit of the police force? But I heard that you guys were wiped out.”
          “ I am a survivor. And who are you?”
          “I’m Corporal Carlos Oliveila from the U.B.C.S.”
          “What’s the U.B.C.S.?”
          “Umbrella Biohazard Coutermeasure Service. We’re Umbrella’s special forces unit to counter biohazard outbreaks.”
          “So you work for Umbrella….”
          Jill took a step back.
          “Yup. We came on a rescue mission to find survivors like you.
          But, since we all got split apart during the chaos of panicking people and the zombie mobs, I’m not sure we’re really helping.”
          “Helping? Us?”
          Jill laughed scornfully.
          Carlos confidently responded, “I’m good with my gun. Don’t worry, I’ll keep you safe.”
          “That’s not the problem,” Jill protested.
          And glared straight at him.
          “The reason we’re in this mess is because of Umbrella!”
          “Whoa whoa, calm down. Look, I’m a mercenary and I just get paid to deal with situations like this.”
          Jill continued to glare straight into his eyes.
          Then she relaxed and said,
          “Alright. I’ll believe you.”
          “Great. Now that you believe me do you want to move together? It’ll be safer than being alone. Here.”
          Carlos tossed his AK47 he had slung on his back to Jill.
          Jill grabbed the assault rifle and cocked it with ease.
          “It seems like you’re the one that needs company,” Jill remarked.
          “Maybe so. Anyways, a rescue chopper will be arriving to the police station. It’ll take some time to prepare for takeoff, but we should head there in advance. Come with me.”
          Carlos looked at Jill and sensed that she was annoyed.
          He added, “please.”
          “Alright.”
          Jill nodded in agreement and let out a laugh.
          In that moment the ground suddenly trembled.
          Was it an earthquake?
          As Jill braced herself, the ground began to violently shake.
          Carlos crouched down.
          “Its not an earthquake”, Jill exclaimed.
          “Look, the trees by the road aren’t moving. The telephone lines are still too. It’s only shaking where we’re standing. Be careful.”
          Right as Jill finished her warning, the ground split open and its head popped out.
          It was a monstrous worm-like creature.
          It had a huge head, and its enormous body was the size of a train coach.
          The researchers at Umbrella Corp called it the Gravedigger.
          Each section of muscle stretched and contracted like an accordion, and released a yellowish viscous liquid.
          The opening at the top of its head---perhaps a mouth---was surrounded with four razor-sharp fangs.
          Deep inside the opening, there were countless thorn-like protrusions facing inward to prevent anything the Gravedigger bites onto from escaping.
          It was making the sound of mud being squeezed through the hand.
          A brown substance oozed out of the opening.
          The opening expanded widely and the four fangs faced outward.
          With the viscous fluid gushing out, it came straight at the two.
          Jill and Carlos jumped out of the way.
          As the momentum of the gravedigger carried it straight passed both of them, they shot the beast full of 5.45mm bullets from both sides.
          The Gravedigger’s body was adapted to penetrate through rock and was unbelievably hard.
          The bullets made scratches but nowhere close to critically damaging the monster worm.
          The Gravedigger lunged passed them and tore through the asphalt road, disappearing underground in a matter of seconds.
          “…..wow. What the hell was that?!!”
          Carlos peered into the hole where the gravedigger disappeared. The ground began to tremble again.
          “It’s coming!” Jill yelled........

FOR MORE translation please follow link to Project Umbrella article ~ http://projectumbrella.net/articles/...hronicles-Side
          Last edited by GEORGE TREVOR; 03-22-2010, 09:22 AM.

Comment

are you going to translate everything? they look interesting

Comment

The book covers the UC re-tellings of Zero, 1 and 3 along with the new side-missions featured in those games, Beginnings, Nightmare and Rebirth. It also includes a completely original but very interesting opening chapter.
              The stories are interspersed with 10 chapters focusing solely on Wesker and his motivations and movements. Bear in mind though this is a novelization of UC so don't expect to find Barry, Enrico, Nicholai or Mikhail anywhere in this.

PREFACE

This story is about a screen; about a powerful, invisible shield called Umbrella. It is of course, a purely hypothetical story.
              Some countries in this world are referred to as ‘rogue states’. They say that they support terrorism, and that they are both militarily and economically placed under huge pressure. However, other countries are considered to be ‘developing a social network’ and receive every possible assistance.
              There are still many people who are foolish enough to believe that a clear dividing line differentiates the good from the bad and the bad countries that are spawned by the good countries must be punished with a vengeance. These days, even a primary school child would know that such distinctions are completely arbitrary, and only on the basis of profit and power are these interests taken.
              Who is good? Who is evil? Who has the power to decide? Ground water, which, depending on how you see it, perhaps not even the ‘good guys’ can be counted.

Figuratively speaking, a cold, poisonous rain patters onto our world. Because of this poison rain, we are all dependent on a screen in order to survive. Anyone who has found a place under this umbrella can anticipate as much support as possible. But those who are not under this umbrella will be declared a rogue state.

The beginning of this legend was in 1967 in the tower room of an old castle. The castle was owned by Ozwell E. Spencer, a Lord well known throughout Western European nobility. Lord Spencer had put parts of his castle under the disposal of a certain Dr. James Marcus who had for many years been in the employment of a prestigious Swiss university.
              Marcus was discovered at this university thanks to his research about the extinct earth-antiquity of microbes to a very interesting virus. However, there was a conflict of interests between different groups inside the institute, of which Marcus found himself once again on the losing side. This led to him being sidelined and relegated to a meaningless position. This was due to a scandal which involved falsified test results, with Marcus stood at the end of the line with no one to pass the buck onto, despite him having nothing to do with the whole affair. But even this was not the end of his losing streak. His previously very generous research grants, which came largely from public funds, were radically cut back. The university did not prevent him from continuing his research; however, they refused him any further financial support. This was a clear sign to Marcus that his days at the institute were numbered.
              In a seemingly hopeless situation, Marcus contacted his old friend Spencer and pleaded with him for financial support. Spencer responded promptly. He first made enquiries about Marcus’s research, and gave him an answer just a few days later. His offer was, however, subject to two conditions: First, Marcus would leave the university immediately. The Spencer foundation would occupy him with a much more generous salary than he had ever received from the university. Secondly, Marcus had to keep the final results of his research under strict secrecy. If these two conditions were met, Marcus would have state of the art lab facilities at his disposal and a place to live. Any contacts with the outside world were to be avoided if possible.
              Well, Marcus probably would not have made this pact with the devil were it not for the fact he could immediately continue his research.
              Spencer’s offer seemed very generous and he readily agreed. The two then employed another nobleman, a man named Edward Ashford. Marcus’s future was now secured, his epoch-making research could continue.
              On the day when Marcus finally reaped the fruits of his years of work on microbes, he ran around purple-faced through the laboratory and was excited as a teenager would be before his first date.
              “Please understand me, Ashford! This discovery will shake the world! It is nothing less than the fulfilment of an ancient dream of humanity!”
              “I have sympathy for your feelings,” said Edward Ashford sleepily. He was slumped over his chair as he sat. “But to wake and get me up in the middle of the night from my sleep! What you believe, as I feel…”
              “I beg you! Don’t imagine it like that! After all, this is about a miracle! The discovery of a miracle!”
              “You know…”
              Ashford looked for a moment at the ceiling.
              “What?”
              “Lord Spencer is not here. He hates it if one bullies him. I am against most probably too good-natured.”
              “All right. Nevertheless, Ashford, you have to watch this! Here!”
              Marcus brought the image of the scanning electron microscope on the monitor. The otherwise pitch-black screen showed some objects resembling rice grains with tails.
              “Look closely,” he said with the pride of a boy showing his best friend his most valuable toy. “These are E.Coli.”
              Ashford was unimpressed. “Well you may be surprised, but I actually recognise…”
              “I have killed them with the help of 0.1 ppm of chlorine.”
              “I understand. So you have woken me up in the middle of the night to show me a dozen dead E.Coli?”
              “Shush!”
              Marcus put his finger to his lips and pointed to the screen.
              With a very thin needle, something was injected into the nucleus of the dead coliform bacteria. Amazingly the bacteria suddenly began to beat wildly in frenzy. More than that, they became longer and longer and eventually divided in the middle to form to separate parts.
              “They divide, Ashford!”
              Marcus had tears in his eyes. But Edward didn’t seem to share his excitement in the least.
              “Doctor…” Edward’s voice indicated he was clearly annoyed. “It is surely not the first time that cells emerge from a state of apparent death and re-animate. Such a thing is even common in higher organisms, but…”
              “Wrong, wrong,” interrupted Marcus, violently gesturing with his hands. “This is something completely different! These cells are not apparently dead! Their nuclei were destroyed completely, their cells completely perforated. They were completely dead, completely dead. And then, after I gave them our aforementioned virus – you know the original virus already and implanted it – they began to grow and multiply again!”
              On the screen it was clearly visible, as the revival of the coli form of bacteria continued to increase with almost incredible speed. Edward stared at the image.
              “Completely dead,” he murmured thoughtfully.
              “Exactly. Without a doubt. Why would I lie? And everything is described in this document!”
              Marcus handed Edward a thick wad of paper.
              “Should I read it all now?”
              “No. I will briefly explain it to you. You are not a layman. One look at the test results and you have understood what an amazing thing this is. So, what you see here are the old drawings of an experiment in which the Miller Experiment of 1953 has been recreated here more or less. I have a glass beaker with methane, ammonia, hydrogen and water vapour filled and hermetically sealed. Into this mix I gave ten units of the original virus, which previously was killed with 1ppm of chlorine. It has then been heated and exposed to an electrical discharge. Now, what do you believe was the outcome?”
              “You’ve already told me. Basically, you have repeated the Miller experiment. I’m sorry, but the results of this experiment have been known for years.”
              “Listen to me! In principle, it is the Miller experiment. He has simulated a primitive atmosphere and provided evidence that life could form in this atmosphere of organic compounds. And from this arose, ultimately, life. This is however, about something completely different! Well, to the point that from amino acids and proteins, nucleic acids occur in both experiments. But in my case the protein eventually becomes a structure with a membrane, which has begun to multiply by division.”
              “Impossible. That can not be.”
              It was only natural that Edward steadfastedly refused to believe Marcus. Simply because he had just claimed no less that he had successfully recreated in the laboratory, the birth of life on Earth 3.8 billion years ago.
              “But it’s true. Full details of the experiment are described in detail in this paper. If you think that I am lying, just repeat it and examine it yourself. You can repeat it as many times as you like, the result will always be the same; the original virus causes the primitive DNA to arise from the protein soup.”
              Edward wanted to believe it but still could not bring himself to. But the possibility that there may be something in this let the excitement from Marcus gradually skip over to him.
              “You are right Marcus. We should tell Spencer.”
              “Finally! Finally you understand!” Cried Marcus as Edward grabbed his right hand, beaming.
              “Let us go immediately to Spencer.” Edward threw his overcoat over himself and took Marcus, still wearing his white lab coat, in tow. It was a memorable night. And the events of that night would finally lead towards the creation of the Umbrella Corporation.
              "I've got 100 cows."
              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

More translation from the Wesker sections {section 8 on its way}

WESKER 9 ~

Nemesis was the ultimate stalker.
                Everything he saw and heard was captured by the camera and mic implanted into him, and sent to headquarters.
                The images sent from the camera were automatically examined to detect, extract and analyse “faces”.
                208 points are checked in order to find a match with the target, then he would be informed.
                He experienced this information as light.
                Once a target was identified, the smell and body temperature were detected and recorded.
                He would stalk the recorded smell and body temperature tirelessly.
                The light he experienced varied in intensity and direction.
                Of course the light informed him the direction of his target, and the intensity indicated the proximity of his target.

Nemesis had found a light.
                The face has been identified and he knew the target's name.
                Jill Valentine.
                The glow inside the darkness.
                Nemesis stalked the light.
                Even if the target gained distance, he would not hurry and he would never give up.
                He saw the light.

Wesker, who shared the sensations that Nemesis had, knew what this meant.
                The target was close.
                Nemesis was extremely excited.
                Wesker was influenced and equally shared the excitement.
                Soon he would corner her and take her life with his own hands.
                He was dreaming of it.
                He was a yearning for it.
                Jill was right there. He could feel it on his skin as he approached her.
                From the other side of the door, he could feel the rich sensation of his target......

FOR MORE, please follow link to Project Umbrella article ~ http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Bio ... icles-Side

Comment

It half reads like plot from the movies.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Cool read. I just noticed this and I'm enjoying them all. I'm glad the encounter with Sergei's Ivan is mentioned. Awesome stuff, guys.

Comment

Where can I get these book at? I don't have a credit card so I can't order it off a web site >.<

Comment

Walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Pills View Post
                          Where can I get these book at? I don't have a credit card so I can't order it off a web site >.<
                          If you dont have paypal connected to a bank account, you may be out of luck. Usually they can be found on Japanese websites (Japan's Yahoo auctions may be the best place aside from Japanese book stores) and maybe you could find a rare showing on ebay.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

WESKER SECTION 8 ~ English translation presented by George Trevor, The 5th Survivor

Wesker was sitting in his chair surrounded by all sorts of devices.
                            It was a small room.
                            No, it was not even a room.
                            This was a car. Formerly an Umbrella Corporation monitoring vehicle.
                            In front of him were twelve monitors big and small,
                            Projecting scenes from 58 surveillance cameras around Raccoon City.

However, Wesker was not looking at these.
                            He was resting against the back rest with his eyes closed.
                            His eyes were moving behind his eyelids as if he was looking at something moving.
                            As if he was watching a dream.

He was synchronizing.
                            Out of the various changes that Wesker experienced from the virus, this ability was the most unexpected.
                            He was able to synchronize with all organisms affected by the t-Virus and t-Virus mutations.
                            He gained the ability to co-experience what all infected creatures perceived.
                            He was even able to understand and control their perception.

Just like a centipede never has trouble controlling all of its legs, Wesker never drowned in the flood of perceptual information transmitted from all the infected creatures.
                            And as if having a conversation with a friend in a noisy crowd, he naturally honed in to the most necessary information while the rest became noise.
                            Although depending on the organism, there was a difference in quality of synchronization.
                            For instance, usually infected insects were drained of most of their perceptual ability and he only received a blurred image.
                            He was only able to get a clear perception and in certain circumstances trade information with Tyrants.

Wesker was looking at Raccoon City.
                            Looking through the eyes of one of the Tyrants.
                            Its name was Nemesis.
                            Umbrella Corporation's ultimate stalker.
                            You could say it was like a robot programmed by Umbrella Corporation to faithfully follow orders.
                            Wesker was able to connect directly into its consciousness.
                            He shared the innate deep craving that Nemesis felt.

That is why he understood that this craving was a form of love.
                            The name engraved in the stalker was S.T.A.R.S.
                            The surviving members were its targets.
                            It would hunt them down and kill them. Already, Nemesis had found one of them, pursued and finished him off.
                            Of course Wesker knew who it was.

Brad Vickers, an Alpha Team member of S.T.A.R.S.
                            He was a cowardly man unfit for STARS. He was able to survive this far because of his cowardice but he could not escape the hands of his stalker.
                            Wesker enjoyed the same ecstasy Nemesis felt as it killed Brad.
                            Just like a martyr dreams of going to heaven, Nemesis dreamed of slaughtering his target.

There were few that still stayed alive.
                            Nemesis had reawakened in pursuit of this ecstasy.
                            Wesker followed the golden stream of consciousness passing through the soul and submerged into Nemesis's mind........

MORE @ Project Umbrella

Comment

i must own these....

Comment

Working...
                              X