Name 1 thing u love about Silent Hill 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name 1 thing u love about Silent Hill 2

I love the fact the story stands on it's own with no connection to the first story

Atmosphere, it's so well done, it is creepy

Comment

Originally posted by himher_elle View Post
      Atmosphere, it's so well done, it is creepy
      That's what I would say.

Comment

Compared with the other titles, SH 2 has the best story.
        sigpic

Comment

The plot twist.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
            The plot twist.
            This, and in the water ending I almost actually cried.

Comment

The music was great, I loved just about every track.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                The music was great, I loved just about every track.
                This is the one I'll choose. From all of that great ambient stuff, to the oddly welcoming trip-hop, to the piano...DAMN!

Comment

I was about to mention the music as well. Beautiful music. Maybe even better than RE's music.

Comment

Music and Atmosphere are at its best. Something not many, very little games have.

Comment

Originally posted by Karui View Post
                      I was about to mention the music as well. Beautiful music. Maybe even better than RE's music.
                      "maybe"?? I think it's just muuuuch better, silent hill has ALWAYS had much better music than any RE title, but againe, that's just my opinion

Comment

Characters. I love how I genuinely cared about their fate, understood their pain and wanted to help them. Even characters as obnoxious as Eddie and bothersome as Laura. I think they were all well-crafted.

Comment

The way every character had an extremely impotent role in the story. Each one of them was connected by the Walter Sullivan Murders I believe...Even though Walter him self has little to do with the games main story. He seems to influence most Silent Hill stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose312 View Post
                            The way every character had an extremely impotent role in the story. Each one of them was connected by the Walter Sullivan Murders I believe...Even though Walter him self has little to do with the games main story. He seems to influence most Silent Hill stories.
                            I wish you could explain this. I'm a stickler for SH4's story so I'd like to know how Sullivan's connected to the SH2 characters. Never crossed my mind (well, besides the idea that most of 'em have blood on their hands).

By the way, nice Giger/Alien sig.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                              I wish you could explain this. I'm a stickler for SH4's story so I'd like to know how Sullivan's connected to the SH2 characters. Never crossed my mind (well, besides the idea that most of 'em have blood on their hands).

By the way, nice Giger/Alien sig.
                              Thanks for the sig comment.

And as to explaining it. I'm sure if you buy the guide book to each game and read each characters Full bio you might be able to make connections. Honestly The world of silent hill is one no one will fully understand. Who's to Say Walter Sullivan isn't just a trick of the mind...people do say that Silent Hill is an illusion...And about Sh4, I think it has nothing to do with the other games, The Same with Home Coming. But HC Did have Pyramid head, which I don't think he belongs seeing as he represents punishment, but Prehaps Walter Is involved in 4 and 5 more or less then we know...

What I can say is. Alex ( 5 ) Grew up in ShepardsGlen. And The town is mentioned in Sh:2 In a news paper ( I THINK! NOT 100% SURE!" ) in connection to some murder...I know it says " Near By Town ... " I think Every one in the Sh Games grew up in silent hill...Since at one point in the game they say something similar to " Returning to that town " Maybe they each were connected to a victim of the Walter Sullivan Murders...

I'll think about this more...Very good topic, and it'll give me something to do while I await news as to who stole my email lol

Comment

Working...
                              X