Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

starting a lets play silent hill 2. how do you want me to do it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting a lets play silent hill 2. how do you want me to do it?

im taking suggestions for how i play through the game for my first official lets play.

i want ot make this special for my first lets play.
    hardest difficulty (puzzles and game)
    30.00%
    melee only except bosses
    20.00%
    do it with my little sister in the background talking to me
    5.00%
    play game during the wee hours of the night (11 pm and beyond)
    25.00%
    only save once per building
    15.00%
    play through with only the plank except bosses
    5.00%

The poll is expired.

I thought Let's Play were made by people who hadn't played them before?
    Hence the funnies.

Comment

Seeing as it's SH2, play it on all the hardest difficulties. Should make for a good show.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
        I thought Let's Play were made by people who hadn't played them before?
        Hence the funnies.
        There's a distinction between "blind" and other runs.

Comment

You should try out having challenges.
          They're little bits where for each episode you take a viewer challenge and apply it to the video. (e.g Only attack with the knife or Sing a vocal song from the series when you die)

They can be great fun.. for the viewers.

But, Aside from that. You should definitely do the hardest difficulty.

Comment

ok so i also have to ask, i DO HAVE THE GAME ON THE PS2, but i have o know whats the best way to record it?

Comment

The best way to record would be using a capture card.
              They are little things that allow you to record video from things like game consoles to your computer.
              The downside is they cost a bit for good one.

Although you could also try recording it with a camera, There have been some good ones done by camera.
              But you have to make sure the lighting is done correctly so that it's possible for viewers to see the action.

For audio, It would be best to use a good microphone separate from the camera(if you go that route).
              If using a video camera with it's own microphone, It would be best to try to get it and your placement good enough that your don't sound either blaringly loud or inaudibly quiet.

.. Sorry for the longish post, Lemme sum it up.

Basically, For high quality use a capture card and a good microphone.
              For fair quality use a video camera with default microphone.

Make sure to do some test recordings so you can get your setup right.
              And for the love of Turk Turkelton, Use a tripod if you go video camera.

.. Unless you want to do a screenshot run, in which case its the same except substitute video for screencaps and audio for captions.

.. Great, I made it even longer.. And now I'm starting lines with double periods.

...(HA!) Sooooo.. You can do it!

edit: If you use the PC version, You can cut out the whole capture card bit. But you'd have the possibility of lag from the screen recording app you use.
              Last edited by Weremuffin; 02-05-2010, 11:39 AM. Reason: I should really just spend half an hour writing these things and trim out the needless parts.

Comment

i think i can pull of a screen capture run or a PC run if i cna buy it next month, anything better or cheaper than fraps however, im on a budget, but i can pull off the video capture with a PS3 for silent hill 1, its gonna be a while if i can't buy fraps and a PS2

UPDATE!

just added a sample

a preview done usign a PS2 emulator, my copy of siletn hill 2 and fraps preveiw
                Last edited by riderkid; 02-05-2010, 03:53 PM.

Comment

LOL @ the comments

I never got to play all the way through so I hope you record all of it.

Comment

well heres the thing and dun tell dot...i used my copy of silent hill 2 and an emulator with a fraps sample kit.

no one ban me cause i use a LEGAL copy i bought at gamestop

Comment

Why? It came out for PC

Comment

i can't afford the PC version right now, alos when my friend moved out he took his PS2 and convention season is coming up so i cna only spring for FRAPS pokemon DS and my metrocon pass next month

Comment

yay to the Pc version and desktop motion capture equipment!

Comment

Originally posted by Rose312 View Post
                            yay to the Pc version and desktop motion capture equipment!
                            has anyone done motion capture with fraps and silent hill 2 for the PC?

Comment

ok i am confirmed to get fraps on the 1st of march so i have a lsit of challenges that people can vote on that i'll add.

first off yes i will do the highest difficulty as a challenge but what else would you like me to do?

no rifle?
                              can't use firearms on boss's?
                              hard riddle mode?
                              paly at ungodly hours of the morning?

i got those to start but the poll will not be up until next friday seeing is thats a week before i will record so add challenges for me to do...and may god have mercoy on your soul for putting me through this shit

Comment

Working...
                              X