Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Format differences

Hi everyone
    I've just started to re-play through my resident evil series but I dont own each version from each console or region.So I decided to start this topic in the hope some of you RE buffs could list the differences between console and region versions of the RE series.
    For example I've read the german version of RE directors cut has a full colour intro movie is this true?
    But I'm interested in any slight differences as I'm planning to expand my collection but I dont fancy buying exact versions of each game.
    Thanks in advance

Check out Anders' page: http://www.crimson-ceremony.net/lost...game/index.php. Though it doesn't have ALL the differences between regions, it's very informative.

Comment

Well, I don't really talk much about the in-game differences on LR. Too much to cover, besides so much is unknown - I'd had to buy all those games and check them one by one.

About RE1 German having intro in color.. Maybe kiedistidus read that on my site. I'm not sure it's true. I think Dot50 said so BEFORE his major RE1 playthrough task started, but I think he said it didn't, after all.
      lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Both the French & German version of Director's Cut have the uncut colour intro, after the mistake of the director's cut being censored in other territories capcom had a download for the uncut colour intro as way of apology.
        If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

after the mistake of the director's cut being censored in other territories capcom had a download for the uncut colour intro as way of apology.
          I remember downloading that off capcom.com. Since I had dial up back then it took three hours to download.

Comment

The US versions of the PS1 games lack a S rank and the requirements for A ranks are easier. Europe has S ranks like Japan.

The Euro version of RE2 on Gamecube also lacks an S rank I believe, I think is a port of the US dual shock version which wasn't released in Europe. Certainly isn't a Euro RE2 Dreamcast port (which did include the dual shock content).
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Oddly enough Deadly Silence has Kenneth's death uncensored whilst the rest is.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Okay I like the way this is going so far,keep it up people!!
                thanks

Comment

Gamecube editions of 2 and 3 allow cutscene skipping and door loading skipping as well.

Dreamcast version of RE2 has Nightmare mode.

Dreamcast version of RE3 has the PC bonus costumes.

In general most Japanese versions default difficulty is the easy mode in the US editions.

People could be more specific in this topic if you asked for some specific games, because in some cases there will be people who've played all the versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                    Gamecube editions of 2 and 3 allow cutscene skipping and door loading skipping as well.
                    No they don't. Not door skipping, at least, can't remember about cutscenes. I'd have to check. The only door skipping I can think of is Resident Evil: Deadly Silence...
                    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 02-10-2010, 01:00 AM.

Comment

At least RE2 on GCN lets you skip cutscenes, but not doors. I can't speak for RE3 as I've never played it on GCN..

I know that on the DS version you can skip door loading scenes, as Canas said, and I've also heard that you can on the PC versions.
                      Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 02-10-2010, 01:17 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh sorry, my confusion. Yes, cutscenes only. Mixed it up with REDS.

Comment

Someone may have to correct me on this but I think I heard somewhere that the Dreamcast version of RE3 uses the higher resolution 640x480 backgrounds from the PC version. The Gamecube version of RE3 does have better quality models but uses the 320x240 backgrounds from the PSX version. Plus with the Gamecube version lacking the extra features of the PC version and not having a 60Hz option, the Dreamcast version is superior to me.
                          Last edited by Vixtro; 02-10-2010, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
                            Someone may have to correct me on this but I think I heard somewhere that the Dreamcast version of RE3 uses the higher resolution 640x480 backgrounds from the PC version. The Gamecube version of RE3 does have better quality models but uses the 320x240 backgrounds from the PSX version. Plus with the Gamecube version lacking the extra features of the PC version and not having a 60Hz option, the Dreamcast version is superior to me.

I believe this may be true. The GC versions are PS1 ports pretty much.

Speaking of which, the DC version of RE2 has a cutscene cinema and 3D model gallery which no other console game has.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

PC edition hold overs. Much like the DC edition of RE3, also being based on PC additions. The Windows base operator on the DC helps this. But the DC edition of 2 adds in that Nightmare mode as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X