Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition Information Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition Information Thread

RE5: Gold Edition is an updated version of RE5 released last year, with more stuffs. It'll be released pretty soon, and here I have compiled all the things they have added just so you have no need to dig around.

CONTENT DISTRIBUTION METHOD
    Spoiler:

MOTION WAND SUPPORT (PS3 Only)
    An exclusive feature to the PS3 disc base version, the game will support the upcoming motion wand device for the PS3.

NEW SCENARIO: LOST IN NIGHTMARES
    Spoiler:

NEW SCENARIO: DESPERATE ESCAPE
    Spoiler:

NEW COSTUMES
    Spoiler:

THE MERCENARIES REUNION
    Spoiler:

VERSUS
    Spoiler:

EXTRA FIGURES
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by xfactor; 02-15-2010, 10:07 PM.

Good thread and all that...but why so many spoiler tags?

Comment

I figure the post will be too long without the spoiler tags and it'll be troublesome to scroll up and down..besides, i think it look more organized this way..

Comment

Thanks for this xfactor! It is great as it is.. don't change anything!
        Last edited by Jill Lover; 02-09-2010, 09:04 AM.

Comment

No one was asking for it to be changed?

Comment

Crap! I was expecting samurai edge and Px4 handguns to be usable in story mode heck no new weapons as well -_-. Not to mention Ada and Leon being in merc mode. Oh well better than nothing I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor
              There will be no disc version of the game in Japan.
              Yes, Biohazard 5 Alternative Edition (PS3 only) ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                Yes, Biohazard 5 Alternative Edition (PS3 only) ;)
                Well that's a good thing for me haha, considering I only own a PS3 in the current gaming console.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.47 View Post
                  Crap! I was expecting samurai edge and Px4 handguns to be usable in story mode heck no new weapons as well -_-. Not to mention Ada and Leon being in merc mode. Oh well better than nothing I guess.
                  I think Jill is using the Px4 in the second shot with the 2 chainsaw majinis in this scan, and Barry has a new handgun too!

Comment

I think that Barry is using a 45 automatic.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think he's using his special Samurai Edge you unlock in REmake.

Comment

xfactor, there's also the Asian version (from HK) for PS3. Like the Japanese version it's called 'Alternative Edition' and is released on the same day (Feb 18). But it's a bit cheaper than the Japanese version and is all in English.

That's the one I've pre-ordered (I have the Asian version of the original RE5, so my save file will be compatible).

From the looks of those dates, I'll actually be playing all the content before the 2nd DLC is available.

Comment

I'm just going to purchase the the first DLC episode/costume pack, then buy Gold Edition. I can wait a week to play the Jill/Josh scenario but I'm pumped for Lost in Nightmares. The biggest thing I'm excited for is the mansion and barry ( both of which have been replicated from the remake, my favorite of the series). So we will have to purchase the figures? Good thing I have gazillion dollars saved up....that's in-game purchase right?
                          Last edited by REmaster; 02-09-2010, 07:11 PM.
                          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                            I think Jill is using the Px4 in the second shot with the 2 chainsaw majinis in this scan, and Barry has a new handgun too!
                            Awesome scans and nice. This will boost up my liking to Gold Edition even more

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                              xfactor, there's also the Asian version (from HK) for PS3. Like the Japanese version it's called 'Alternative Edition' and is released on the same day (Feb 18). But it's a bit cheaper than the Japanese version and is all in English.

That's the one I've pre-ordered (I have the Asian version of the original RE5, so my save file will be compatible).

From the looks of those dates, I'll actually be playing all the content before the 2nd DLC is available.
                              Thanks for that. But...no Asian version for the 360?

Comment

Working...
                              X