PS3 has come out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 has come out

Just let you know it starts for sell in Jap at 7am. So far 100,000 have been sold. A flood of Chinese pals came to scare buying some as well. Lucky thing is nobody gets killed in this buying war. lol
    Last edited by classic_leon; 11-10-2006, 10:38 PM.

When I saw this i thought, "coming out of what? The closet?"
    Just kidding, but I find it funny how Nintendo has been catering to the North American crowd first and then the Japanese crowd.

Comment

Yeah, people here in L.A are rioting in the streets and mugging people because of it. Over what, a video game console? Its funny how some people can be so stupid and impatient. People are getting $4,000 for selling their PS3's on eBay because people are willing to pay whatever it takes to be the first kid on the block to own a PS3. For $4,000 I could invest in a car, or a top notch gaming computer. Wait a couple months and you'll be able to get a PS3 25% off the price it is now.

Comment

I wouldn't think 25% considering Sony seems to be unable to make more.

Comment

Two robberies have marred today's North American PlayStation3 launch, which has seen one man shot in a queue outside a Wal-Mart store in Connecticut, and five PS3 units stolen from an EB Games branch in Englewood, Ohio.

The Connecticut man was taken to University of Massachusetts Medical Center in Worcester, where his condition is currently unclear. Police are looking for the suspects, who approached a queue of people outside of the supermarket and robbed them. The victim had refused to co-operate with the criminals.

Several states away in Englewood, Ohio, police are looking for suspects who robbed a branch of EB Games; five PlayStation3 units and a host of games were stolen in the incident.
          Absolutely shocking

Comment

It is all fucking ridiculous. I am seeing on ebay the amount of money people are buying this for. Also, I see a guy selling a ps3 photograph, and someone won it at 900 bucks.

Comment

I see alot of people selling Wii email address on ebay from 100-300 wtf is up with that? I saw the picture of wii for 150 bucks buy it now, I thought someone was selling it for 150 but thought something was wrong! Then I saw the email address thing lol. This is one reason it makes getting these things so hard at launhc/after launch because people buy two or three just for Ebay >_>

Comment

Its not just Wii, but PS3, Xbox360 etc they do the email thing on ebay for too

Its aimed at ppl who want to setup their own online business selling a particular console. A bit silly if you ask me.

And paying $900 for a photograph of a PS3, i really think some ppl have more money than sense

I can't wait to get my hands on a PS3, but no way would i be prepared to pay more than retail. I can wait
                It always takes any console awhile to build up a decent library of games anyway.

Comment

That was one of the reasonsI was buying a Wii first cause of the first price, but screw that bundle $550 price at Walmart and stuff lol I plan to buy a 360 sometime after I buy the Wii which would a while like 4 or 5 months so They're doing the email thing for those too? and who would pay $900 for apicture of PS3 why They could buy the console for $600 lmao

Comment

Well right now the 360 has plenty of good games out, like I told Hunk_4TH. Just wait until Mass Effect comes out. I won't even be able to take my hands off the controller. Right now you got: Dead Rising, Oblivion, Gears of War, Kameo, Final Fantasy, Saint's Row which is an online GTA rip off, and if you like shooters there are plenty of other games like Call of Duty 2 & 3. Also Resident Evil 5, Halo 3, Fable 2, and Mass Effect are all coming out next year as well which will be very good.

I'm only getting a Wii to play the classic Resident Evil games for NGC and the new Umbrella Chronicles which is coming out soon. I don't even think it'll be worth getting a PS3 even if I waited a couple years for the price to drop. The only thing I'll miss from Playstation is code hacking anyway.

I wouldn't think 25% considering Sony seems to be unable to make more.
                    You have a point. Maybe by the end of Christmas 2007.
                    Last edited by VirusPunk; 11-21-2006, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                      Yes, that seems realistic. All 10 of them, 25% off

Comment

Here sells 3780

Comment

Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                          Well right now the 360 has plenty of good games out, like I told Hunk_4TH. Just wait until Mass Effect comes out. I won't even be able to take my hands off the controller. Right now you got: Dead Rising, Oblivion, Gears of War, Kameo, Final Fantasy, Saint's Row which is an online GTA rip off, and if you like shooters there are plenty of other games like Call of Duty 2 & 3. Also Resident Evil 5, Halo 3, Fable 2, and Mass Effect are all coming out next year as well which will be very good.

I'm only getting a Wii to play the classic Resident Evil games for NGC and the new Umbrella Chronicles which is coming out soon. I don't even think it'll be worth getting a PS3 even if I waited a couple years for the price to drop. The only thing I'll miss from Playstation is code hacking anyway.

Oh i'm definitely buying a 360, eventually, just not yet. I can wait. Whether i play Dead Rising etc now or in 12 months time is really of no consequence to me.

I'll buy a Wii too. The only reason i'd prefer to buy a PS3 first is because the Sony consoles have always catered more for my gaming preferences and had something for everyone, be it survival horror, rpg's, and even 2D fighters and shoot em ups, they have absolutely everything. Huge diversity. Thats one area where they've always excelled, and where Microsoft(though i did love how games like King Of Fighters and Street Fighter Anniversary Edition on the Xbox came Live enabled ) and especially Nintendo have been a bit disappointing. If your looking for a game outside the mainstream the Xbox always came off second best to the PS2 and the Gamecube was/is pretty none existant.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber_Shinobi View Post
                            Oh i'm definitely buying a 360, eventually, just not yet. I can wait. Whether i play Dead Rising etc now or in 12 months time is really of no consequence to me.

I'll buy a Wii too. The only reason i'd prefer to buy a PS3 first is because the Sony consoles have always catered more for my gaming preferences and had something for everyone, be it survival horror, rpg's, and even 2D fighters and shoot em ups, they have absolutely everything. Huge diversity. Thats one area where they've always excelled, and where Microsoft(though i did love how games like King Of Fighters and Street Fighter Anniversary Edition on the Xbox came Live enabled ) and especially Nintendo have been a bit disappointing. If your looking for a game outside the mainstream the Xbox always came off second best to the PS2 and the Gamecube was/is pretty none existant.
                            But here is where you aren't necesarily right. See developers only make games on the platforms which they think they will sell on. That means they do it on the popular ones. So, if PS3 isn't the most popular one, or considering how few units are actually out, it wouldn't be smart for so many developers to flock to the PS3. Add in the fact thatthe amazing cell is supposed to be about as great as the "emotion engine", it seems like the 360 will really cater to most of the developers needs. Hell, i wouldn't be suprised if most movie games and small upstart developers go to the Wii considering its ease of development and how cheap it is to develop for it. So, I would buy a system not for what it might do, which really is the case of the PS3, as there really is no killer app atm. Yes resistance is good, but i'm sorry, it's not a killer app. Zelda is a killer app. Gears is a killer app. I don't really know about resistance, it seems pretty clunky...but enough of that, the point is you shouldn't really be getting a console for what it's relative did, but for what it does, which is the exception of the Wii, considering the whole Virtual Console thing. Considering you can technically play any game on any of nintendo's home consoles and the PCE and Genesis, you got a pretty solid library. Tho, they haven't really released too many games for it, but you get my point i hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Metaleggman
                              Add in the fact thatthe amazing cell is supposed to be about as great as the "emotion engine", it seems like the 360 will really cater to most of the developers needs.
                              What a fanboyish statement to make. Or are you a Microsoft employee incognito?

How do you know the 360 won't flop? The Dreamcast was a huge success, INITIALLY. It was also much easier for developers to develop for... and a great console

When i said niche, i meant obscure Japanese games. So considering the fact that its very unlikely that Microsoft will ever be bigger than Sony or Nintendo in Japan, what you've just said is a bit of a null point
                              Its like the Saturn, utter flop in the west but did pretty well in Japan with some amazing games that never saw the light of day outside of there.

And as i said, i'm buying all 3 anyway. So i'll be enjoying the best all 3 have to offer while fanboys bicker among each other for the next 5 or so years over which is best
                              Last edited by Cyber_Shinobi; 11-26-2006, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X