Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill Homecoming PC Port...

Hi People,

Looking at picking up homecoming and was wondering if anybody has played both the PC port and the 360 version? If so is the PC port enough of a visual upgrade to warrant the purchase? There is no exclusive content so if the visuals are not a significant upgrade I think the 360 version is the way to go.

YouTube comparisons personally are not enough for me to decide...

The PC version has had a lot of problems IIRC, so I'd go 360.

Comment

It's extremely buggy, a really shitty port. Go for the 360 version.

Comment

I've had bugs on the 360 so its not perfect either. A couple of times when switching weapons, the game unequipped my weapon and wouldn't let me re-equip a weapon, resulting in death and 20 minutes of play lost. Then there was a certain puzzle that if you missed a piece, the game would activate a cutscene and present you with the puzzle to solve even if you didn't have the necessary pieces and wouldn't let you go back for it either. So expect some bugs either way.

Comment

Originally posted by marcusray View Post
          Hi People,

Looking at picking up homecoming and was wondering if anybody has played both the PC port and the 360 version? If so is the PC port enough of a visual upgrade to warrant the purchase? There is no exclusive content so if the visuals are not a significant upgrade I think the 360 version is the way to go.

YouTube comparisons personally are not enough for me to decide...
          I don't think there's much upgrade when it comes to visuals. Maybe higher resolution and AA, but that's it. The only thing that was added in PC port was inverted camera control/aiming. And yes, as Canas Renvall and doomed already said, the PC version is really buggy. I've never finished my second playthrough, because after certain cut-scene the game stopped recognizing keyboard input (I was able to look around, but couldn't move). Strange, because during my first playthrough there were no bugs ;D.
          Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 03-15-2010, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X