NE-T Virus = Non existant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NE-T Virus = Non existant

There is no actual mention of a virus. The liquid medicine is used for culture fluid. "NE-T type" is actually abbreviation for "Nemesis T-Type". In this case, it is referring to the culture fluid used to contain the Nemesis.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

^ Really? Oh. Thanks for the clear up!

Comment

So NE-T is not referring to the virus inside of nemesis? Would that mean that Brad was infected with just the ordinary strain of the t-virus?

Comment

^ I always thought so, but how do you explain Jill didn't convert into a zombie? Unless Nemesis' T-virus needed more time to bond with the body, that'd be the only explanation...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
          ^ I always thought so, but how do you explain Jill didn't convert into a zombie? Unless Nemesis' T-virus needed more time to bond with the body, that'd be the only explanation...
          Theres the explanation that everyone's immune system has the capacity to slow the T-virus. Some people succumb to it faster, while others take longer.

Comment

Didn't the Researchers at spencer mansion take like days or weeks to fully turn? And it was only like 12~24 hrs before Jill was given the anti-virus. So unlikely she'd come near to turning.

The virus would still have to kill Jill before it could regenerate her into a zombie. It could just be that the human immune system can at some level battle the T-Virus but it eventually wins as its like a cancer. Normally a virus kills a host cell to produce more viral cells but the T-Virus revitalises cellular function, so it kills a cell, takes over the dead cell turning it into a viral factory. But it could be the white blood cells can for some part subdue the T-Virus cells but ultimately, like cancer, the white blood cells do not kill the infected cell producing the viral cells so ultimately the immune system looses.

Shame Capcom never tried to wrap this up and they'll probably never will.

Comment

The T-virus acts faster if the host is already dead. If they're still alive, it is much, much slower. Then there's individual immune systems, method of infection and so on.

The Nemesis doesn't have a new virus in his body, however the cells of the Nemesis parasite do "invade" and spread throughout the body by catalysing the T-virus cells so effectively what is produced is a "new" T-virus, but still the same.
              Last edited by News Bot; 04-02-2010, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Yeah I noticed that, however there was an error in Degeneration with the first zombie (the cop in the airport, he turns into a zombie very quickly and was bitten alive).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                  Yeah I noticed that, however there was an error in Degeneration with the first zombie (the cop in the airport, he turns into a zombie very quickly and was bitten alive).
                  Different strains of the T-virus are also a factor, by 2005 it would have been pretty fast acting. Haha

All of the zombies in Degeneration don't take very long to change. Greg, the zombies on the plane etc.

Comment

THAT or the writters simply forgot how humans changed into zombies in the past games!

Comment

Well the new T-virus strain in CODE: Veronica was REALLLY fast, and spread by air.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        Well the new T-virus strain in CODE: Veronica was REALLLY fast, and spread by air.
                        That's because CODE: Veronica pwns!

Well in RE3, the T-Virus was relatively new and we know it can take days until someone actually transforms into a zombie. Jill wasn't out of it for very long and she got the vaccine fairly quickly.

If it never said about an NE-T virus though, where did we all get the idea from in the first place?

I'd never really thought into it that much to be honest because the idea of a different virus had always confused me a little. Especially how a bog-standard vaccine that Carlos had manufactured had managed to help Jill as well when it would have been a different strain had the NE-T virus existed, so it wouldn't have worked. I don't think the T-Virus would have altered a great deal inside the Nemesis though due to the NE-Alpha parasite, given the two were at odds with eachother towards the end of the game. The parasite wanted to continue with the mission, but the virus couldn't contain itself because of all the damage sustained, and in true RE fashion, turned him into a big blob.

With the "travel by air" argument in CV, I know one part of the game says it does (when you check the vent where the hunter broke out from), but that's Chris' assumption and never with hard fact. I think it was something along the lines of "This must be where the virus broke out from". If it was highly infectious though and did travel by air, surely everyone would have been infected. Rodrigo, Steve, Claire, Alfred, Wesker. That vent was in the Antarctic facility I believe, but when you first talk to Alfred he accuses Claire of releasing the "experimental T-Virus" onto the Island, so I'll assume it was the same one present in Antarctica.
                        Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 04-03-2010, 05:12 AM.

Comment

There is always the off chance that the T-Virus was constantly improved apon making it faster acting but we never see a Type 1, 2 or 3. Ahh the T-Virus, what mysteries it contains. Isn't the T-Virus supposed to have a very short life outside of a host?

Lets just assume the T-Virus is aware that it is in a fictional world and consciously knows who is a major character and who is cannon fodder and acts accordingly.

Comment

^ lol, that would explain the 10 years it took for it to work on Marcus.

Comment

Well, looking back, the original T-Virus strains must have been slow acting, using Mr. Itchy Tasty as an example. The virus took days to work on him, but I think we can assume the virus slowly eats away at intelligence, brain function, something like that.

Then there's the fact that the T-Virus is always contained in a lab. Who's to say the researchers at said labs aren't working on ways to improve it? The T-Virus in Arklay, Raccoon and Rockfort/Antarctica could have all been very different because of how the researchers were tinkering with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X