Gears of War 3 - April 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears of War 3 - April 2011

Probably wasn't meant to be leaked like this ..

Probably not. And, yeah, seen a lot of people take snaps of their dashboards showing it, so I guess it's safe to say it's probably legit.

Man, management of the spotlight, marketplace and Inside Xbox has been so screwy ever since they added the community tab. Wonder what happened... automated system? Local/Outsourced update management?

Comment

That stupid Beiber kid replaced Cliffy on the Fallon show otherwise this would have been officially announced, even with some footage, by now .. someone forgot to inform the live guys of the Cliffy's delay I guess ..

Comment

Sounds plausible.

Comment

the good thing is, they are not going to rush it and if its 2011 it could be early or late 2011.

Comment

Oh!! I knew it!! well, everybody did, but still, I'm really exited for this, I now have three games to wait for 2011: Dead Space 2, Gears 3 and a Project Natal game!!

Originally posted by Barry Burton View Post
            the good thing is, they are not going to rush it and if its 2011 it could be early or late 2011.
            It says April 2011, so it will be early

Comment

This has been rumored about for a while. Someone's been leaking stuff on it for a while. Just a couple days ago there were 'rumors' of gameplay elements, like Locusts who have tentacles and can attack you while you're behind cover, and how the Cogs can combat them with explosives that go underground or some shit. And how there's gonna be underwater levels. I can't remember where I read about it, though...

Cliffy B is gonna be on Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon this Monday night to show off his next game.

I WONDER WHAT IT COULD BE...

Comment

I hope they release it on April (Fool's Day); be another awesome birthday game.

Comment

Trailer:
                  Visit the official website for The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, broadcast live from Rockefeller Center in New York. Weeknights 11:35/10:35c on NBC.

Things of note: new types of Locust and Lambent, different kind of shotgun, female soldiers.

Comment

DOUBLE BARRELED SHOTGUN! HOLY SHIT!

Just give me a better matchmaking system please! (I loved Gears 2 but I can't stand waiting 10 or 15 minutes for a match )

So this is going to be the last one? You know, the "Brothers to THE END" phrase

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Last one in the trilogy perhaps

but expect Gears of War : ODST sooner or later afterwards :p

Comment

Further information, stealing from AJ and other members via gaf (lawl)

Campaign Information
                        Features

* Rod confirmed 4 Player Co-Op in the Gears IRC, with 4 unique characters. Rod confirmed that co-op includes Marcus, Dom, Cole, Baird and a "variety of other characters"

Story

* Set 18 months after Gears of War 2, and after the fourth Gears of War book
                        * The location shown in the "Ashes to Ashes" trailer is a location nicknamed 'Char', where the remains of victims from the Hammer of Dawn strikes are heavily present.

Weapons

* The Pendulum Lancer is in Gears of War 3
                        * A Double Barrelled Shotgun was spotted in the Ashes to Ashes trailer. Lee Perry expands:
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Lee Perry

Quote:
                        FWIW, that weapon didn't exist until several hundred pages of the shotgun mechanic thread. That doesn't really give much away, considering the VAST amount of conflicting opinions in that thread; but the opinions in that thread definitely helped shape the weapon.

Haha, I wonder if we could have made a trailer with basically a slow camera pan down a new shotgun and had about the same amount of interest from existing players, hahha.

Characters

* Dom is now heavily bearded. According to Rod, this is due to his problems dealing with the loss of his wife.
                        * Anya is the female COG soldier seen in the "Ashes to Ashes" trailer. We will learn more on her transition from pencil pusher to soldier throughout the books.

Enemies

* Lambent Locust: These enemies mutate and transform as you fight them.
                        Anya's a bad ass now? Should be fun.

Comment

Ehh...not sure how I feel about Anya joining the fray. I always admired her as the 'Mei Ling' of the Gears games.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                            Ehh...not sure how I feel about Anya joining the fray. I always admired her as the 'Mei Ling' of the Gears games.
                            Yeah...and I'm wondering how that will affect the pseudo-relationship she and Marcus have.

It does look...interesting. I enjoyed playing GoW with my brother so maybe I'll get a 360 for myself when this comes out.
                            sigpic
                            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Some shitty grabs from the youtube HD version.

Comment

Working...
                              X