Xbox, Wii & PS3 Arcades v Collectors Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox, Wii & PS3 Arcades v Collectors Markets

Will the ability of the new consoles to download old classic games affect the collectors market?

If a game can be downloaded to your console for a small fee, how will that affect the value of the rarer, more collectible games?

Personally, i think it will have a small effect, but not huge.

I'm of the mind set that its much, much better to own a full original, something substantial. I imagine a lot of others are the same.

But i guess that a small percentage out there who buy particular rare games from places like Ebay, and pay pretty large sums, is because its a game they really want to play and have no other way of obtaining it. Xbox Arcade etc offers these ppl another, cheaper option.

Any thoughts?

It depends on which aftermarket you are talking about. I think with how expensive NES aftwermarket is, that will go down a little. Some parents really don't like buying old consoles, i've learned that through personal experiance, so kids who want to play games on a console and not emulation will just go for these. So, i think overall, everything but nes, snes, and genesis will go down in price at least a little. Everything else which is pretty much already cheap, will stay pretty much the same.

Comment

Working...
    X