Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embedding content in news (Yay/Nay?)

g'day!

I'm just gonna put up a poll for something here.

I'm wondering how people would react to more stuff getting embedded in the news. Mainly talking about youtube/gametrailers-ish video streams. We've kinda been very selective and limited with what we embed on the frontpage so far. (Mostly just own content + the occasional piece of butter). We like to keep things simple on that frontpage.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if people enjoy it as sterile as it is now (pics/text, nothing else) or if they'd like to see Videos embedded in the future (to save yourselves some clicks and multiple windows and all that).

And, no, you wont get a pile of other stuff rammed in your face. We're remaining ad free, we wont put unnecessary java scripts or flash apps in your face and things wont be all web 2.0 or anything. This is currently only for a yay/nay to embedding video streams on the front page (when there are videos worthy of embedding on the news).

So let me know what you think (vote + post, plzx0rz!)
    Yay
    63.33%
    Nay
    13.33%
    Dun' care!
    23.33%

I say yes, but we need to be careful that it doesn't get out of hand. And no autoplay videos.

Comment

Yes, if those won't be autoplay videos.
      Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 04-20-2010, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Yeah. No auto-playing, sound blasting videos like that. Nothing that eats bandwidth or makes sound unless you specifically beg for it do so.

Comment

Sounds good, I voted yes.

Comment

I say yes. I also agree, auto play isn't bad, but it does get quite annoying. But you guys know thaaaaaaat. Just as long as the homepage isn't cluttered. Remember the blogs at REHorror? Just saying.

In short yes.

Comment

Also offer and option for quality low to high .flv and .mp4, ps anyone else hate the new youtube? the videos always glitch up now.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

^ I agree. The new interface is odd, and the videos are oddly really, really lethargic. Maybe it's just my computer. *shrugs*

Comment

I voted no. I'm not specifically "against" the idea, but my personal preference is just not crazy about it. A front page, to me, is more appealing when it's kept tidy and simple, which almost always goes out the window once you start embedding content onto news posts. I have no problem clicking links and having multiple windows/tabs open (why would anyone?), but I don't think it'll be the end of the world if THIA decides to integrate this into the front page.

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                    I voted no. I'm not specifically "against" the idea, but my personal preference is just not crazy about it. A front page, to me, is more appealing when it's kept tidy and simple, which almost always goes out the window once you start embedding content onto news posts. I have no problem clicking links and having multiple windows/tabs open (why would anyone?), but I don't think it'll be the end of the world if THIA decides to integrate this into the front page.
                    Though I voted that I didn't care, I agree pretty much with this.
                    sigpic
                    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                      Ditto with Rosetta Mist, don't care. Pretty much you answered what I would say.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea Carnivol, I vote "yay".
                        Last edited by Shadow Stalker; 04-23-2010, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                          Yes, if those won't be autoplay videos.
                          I second that.

Comment

I prefer a link personally.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Can u install a hack for agreeing with posts? YouTube has that.

Comment

Working...
                              X