Silent Hill 8 - Xbox 360 + PS3 in 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill 8 - Xbox 360 + PS3 in 2011

Konami has put the psychological horror series Silent Hill in the hands of a new developer, Vatra Games. Konami confirms today that the third-person frightfest, Silent Hill 8, will be hitting the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in 2011.

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgu4kF2zD7s

Hmmmm, no Akira Yamaoka soundtrack. The trailer isn't really doing it for me, it just doesn't look like a Silent Hill game, not that the last few really have but now with the change in soundtrack its gone further away from what it was. No siren either! It doesn't even look remotely scary, on any level. Throwing a giggling kid into a dark setting doesn't equal creepy, there needs to be a context. I'd actually bet the guy is going to prison for killing a kid. I hope i'm wrong and it turns out to be great, we need a great SH game, it's been far too long.
    Last edited by rewak; 01-09-2011, 06:29 PM.

So many threads!
    Last edited by Rombie; 06-16-2010, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I like more this artistic style than Shattered Memories (currently!).
      This is not like first or second Silent Hill, but looks good for atmosphere and city design.

BTW, too few elements, waiting for gameplay footage.
      Last edited by killer7ITA; 06-17-2010, 04:07 AM.
      I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

It looks cool; hopefully it's an improvement over Homecoming.

Please remove the "8" in the thread title. The game isn't called that. Just say like "Silent Hill (2011)"

Comment

The press release says Silent Hill 8, its a working title but its the official working title.

Update: Press release get! The release from Konami says the game is called Silent Hill 8, but that's just a working title so far.
          Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Comment

Doesn't mean it isn't stupid.

Comment

I still have mixed feelings about a game lacking in combat. I'm interested in playing Shattered Memories, but have been waiting for the price to drop. Again, I just don't see how a game can be overly exciting (A game of this nature anyway, since all the predecessors have had some form of combat symstem) without any fighting whatsoever.

I also don't think that the game should immediately be bashed because Akira Yamaoka is no longer doing the soundtrack (I'm not saying anymore from here is doing that, but just from some of the YouTube comments I read). People move on with their lives and you cannot expect them to do something forever just to please you. I think when new people are introduced into something it gives it a chance to grow. It may not necessarily improve, but it gives a new twist and a chance to reach into other fans.

Are they considering this one to be Silent Hill 8 because it is the eighth game actually in the series (not necessarily the 8th chronologically)?

Silent Hill 1
              Silent Hill 2
              Silent Hill 3
              Silent Hill 4
              Silent Hill: Homecoming (SH5)
              Silent Hill Origins
              Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

...Well, not exactly because SH: Shattered Memories just pretty much a revamped version of SH1...Meh...They need to work on that, and figure out exactly what number it should be.

|AA|
              sigpic

Comment

This game isn't out till next year so all were probably seeing is early development stuff, probably not the best move, a proper trailer would have been a better step.
                I reckon it could be good, there's so many mentions of prisons and prison locations, this may be another way of linking two or more of the games together

Comment

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                  Silent Hill 1
                  Silent Hill 2
                  Silent Hill 3
                  Silent Hill 4
                  Silent Hill: Homecoming (SH5)
                  Silent Hill Origins
                  Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

...Well, not exactly because SH: Shattered Memories just pretty much a revamped version of SH1...Meh...They need to work on that, and figure out exactly what number it should be.

|AA|
                  Then origins wouldn count either, since it wouldgo before SH 1...

I'm like the trailer, it look ok, and since I liked Homecoming, maybe this one I'll like it too

Comment

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                    I

|AA|
                    1. I would assume yes, because it's the eighth in the series.

2. SM is not a "revamped" version of SH1. It's really its own separate game. XP

As for the trailer... I dunno. Like others said, I want gameplay footage first. And thank god, no FPS! XDD

Comment

i wouldn't mind a first person survival horror game with adventure elements. condemned proved that horror could be scary even without monsters in a first person enviroment, as did system shock 2 and bioshock.

Comment

FPS and PC release.

Comment

Not sure I like the idea of a Silent Hill FPS...if nothing else, the FPSness suggests it will lack the usual puzzles and such. And it's certainly not a series that would benefit from more action. But I might be wrong. So might this.

Comment

So the sheet above confirms that Silent Hill 8 is going to be First Person and action? The trailer suggested that the game will in third person.
                            sigpic

Comment

Perhaps it goes in FPS mode for shooting? Or it's a hybrid like Deus Ex 3?

Vatra is currently working on two unannounced titles for one of the industry’s top publishers. The games are both for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

During their annual Gamers’ Night event in San Francisco, on April 8th Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. officially announced one of the games they have in development with Vatra. The first of two collaborations between Konami and Vatra is Rush‘N Attack Ex-Patriot, scheduled to be released Fall 2010 on the PlayStation®Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade. This 2.5D arcade action platformer built on the Unreal® Engine is a reimaging on the Konami’s popular arcade game originally released in 1985.

This implies that the title from "a major franchise" for PC, Xbox 360 & PS3 is the Unreal Engine 3-based Silent Hill FPS.
                              Last edited by doomed; 06-29-2010, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X