PS2 CLASSICS TO PS3 : OUTBREAK GAMES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS2 CLASSICS TO PS3 : OUTBREAK GAMES

Do you think they'll release File 1 and File 2 in a classics pack like they did with God Of War? I think that nowadays, these games would take advantages that the PS2 didn't have, it would become faster and less annoying to play them... i can see them coming in some time, i would think it for a moment, it would really work!

That actually wouldn't be such a stupid idea for a "PS2 Classics" re-release on the PS3... A double-pack with Outbreak File 1-2 (merged) + evt. some additional content, and... yes... we'd probably (hopefully) have a way of bypassing the dreadful loading that Outbreak was notoriously known for having.
    Last edited by Carnivol; 06-30-2010, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I doubt it, they seem to want to do actual classics. By that I mean games that were (and I don't want to start a debate with this) good. GoW1+2 reviewed very well, the three Sly Cooper games reviewed fairly well too, as did Ico/Shadow of the Colossus which are also rumoured for a HD re-release. Outbreak 1+2 bombed in reviews, the latter especially.

Also the other 3 collections were all originally published by SCE which might have something to do with it. Outbreak 1+2 were Capcom.

I suppose their would probably be a question on if the server cost is worth it for a budget re-release, if the game would actually be altered in more than just visuals and they made an effort with the online system (adding voice chat at least). Without online I doubt even die hard RE fans would want them.
      Last edited by Dracarys; 06-30-2010, 07:28 PM.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Not only that, the PS2 online option they offered wasn't that flawless either, now with PS3, it'd work well. I don't know, i can see it coming... i'd buy it, and i can see it working properly and if not, make an Outbreak File 3, i think they shouldn't have released them for PS2, bad decision.

Comment

The keyword is CLASSICS. If they were to que up the PS2's classic titles, Outbreak will be lagging behind dozens of other games.

Comment

No chance im afraid .

I play mine on the PS3 (launch console) tho, thats kinda half way there, as the detail is much sharper running at 1080P. Obviously no online tho..

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
              The keyword is CLASSICS. If they were to que up the PS2's classic titles, Outbreak will be lagging behind dozens of other games.
              Well, at least Outbreak File 1 ended up selling enough to achieve Greatest Hits / Platinum status... so someone must've liked it

I'm almost willing to bet that even the sales numbers for Outbreak alone tops that of Ico and SotC, combined. But I think the main question that has to be asked is whether or not a title still holds up well enough (and whether there's actually a market for it or not - based on whether or not there are definitively better alternatives available).

Thinking about what an Outbreak revival could've brought makes my head spin too much
              So many random (simple) ideas for additional replay value...
              An editor for setting items/events/puzzles/locks/paths, a dedicated hosting mode w/support for a game master, expansion possibilities... ;_;

Comment

Did the Greatest Hits/Platinum tagging REALLY relate to a game's sales though? Genuine question, i just remember at the time there being a few questionable titles under the tagging that's all.

Of course, this being Capcom it could never be written off, i just think Capcom themselves alone would have other games lined up way, WAY ahead of Outbreak. Does anyone REALLY think they wouldn't jump at the chance to OMG MILK!!111!1 some money out of RE4 for example?

Sign me up if they do!

Comment

Whatever makes it so online play is a PERMANENT feature AND only EVER EVER EVERuse the voice files from the first game, would be great!!!!!!

Comment

Did the Greatest Hits/Platinum tagging REALLY relate to a game's sales though? Genuine question, i just remember at the time there being a few questionable titles under the tagging that's all.

Only for the PS1. The time limit was always enforced though.
                    Last edited by Dracarys; 06-30-2010, 10:20 PM.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Of course, this being Capcom it could never be written off, i just think Capcom themselves alone would have other games lined up way, WAY ahead of Outbreak. Does anyone REALLY think they wouldn't jump at the chance to OMG MILK!!111!1 some money out of RE4 for example?

Sign me up if they do!
                      As long as it was a Gamecube/Wii remastered port. A ps2/pc port wouldn't be worth jack. But otherwise, count me in as well. RE4>>>>>>>>>>RE5 anyday.
                      sigpic

Comment

It would be nice but I doubt it would fit under the "classics" or seeing something similar to the likes of the God of War/Sly collection.

Outbreak file 1 has sold around a million and a half copies worldwide. Seeing this being the sales results from 2008, I am sure this has done much more to date, and this is easily classed as a success. Outbreak file 2 however did not (launching with a short advertising and then along the releases of Half Life 2 and Halo 2, and then shipping it to us over in Europe months later was not going to do it any favours) live to Capcom's sales expectations, and only sold around 600-700,000 copies in total across the globe.

However I would not lay Outbreak’s future down to rest considering several sites plea (and over at Capcom Unity with the fan demand) and Capcom Staff being hindered with a question on seeing outbreak during one of the events last year, there’s still a fair chance on seeing this.

Comment

400 000 + 9 months on the market in the target region were the requirements for a PS2 title to acquire Greatest Hits / Platinum rebranding (meaning Outbreak 1 sold at least more than 1.2 million copies worldwide during its active period, as it had its budget re-release fairly early on.)

PS1 sales were lower (Greatest Hits were 150 000, but upped to 250 000 it seems. Not sure if the same applied to the European Platinum branding or if it always was at 250 000 from the start.)

Comment

I hope so, I'd love to play the Outbreak games again (I don't have my PS2 anymore). Some of my favorite in the series, and very replayable.
                            Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

They should just release them both as one game.

Comment

Working...
                              X