Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait...where's Team Silent???

Seariously, what happened to them?

Like their last game was Silent Hill 4: The Room (if I'm not mistaken) then all of a sudden, Climax took over, then Double-Helix, and now we got a new developer for Silent Hill 8 (as we know as the project name).

Did I miss something, like did they just fall apart or get disbanded or what? All Silent Hill games just fell short, with the exception of Silent Hill: Origins (in my opinion) and maybe a little bit of Silent Hill: Homecoming.

They disbanded, I do believe.

Comment

Team Silent is the development team responsible for the Silent Hill franchise, with the exception for Silent Hill: 0rigins, Silent Hill: Homecoming and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.
      The key members of Team SIlent were:

* Keiichiro Toyama: Creator & Director of Silent Hill
      * Masashi Tsuboyama: Director of Silent Hill 2, Art Director of Silent Hill 4: The Room
      * Kazuhide Nakazawa: Director of Silent Hill 3
      * Suguru Murakoshi: Drama Director of Silent Hill 2, Director and Scenario Writer of Silent Hill 4: The Room
      * Hiroyuki Owaku: Scenario Writer of Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3
      * Masahiro Ito: Art Director of Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3
      * Akira Yamaoka: Sound Director of Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3, SIlent Hill 4: The Room; Producer of Silent Hill 4: The Room; and Composer for Silent Hill: Origins, Homecoming and Shattered Memories.
      * Akihiro Imamura: Producer of Silent Hill 2, Sub-Producer of Silent Hill 4
      * Takayoshi Sato: CGI Creator of Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2

After Silent Hill 4: The Room, Team Silent were disbanded and the series were developed by external companies such as Climax Group and Double Helix Games. Akira Yamaoka was the only one who stayed on to compose music for the remaining Silent Hill games until he left Konami on December 2, 2009, making him the last original Team Silent member to leave the Silent Hill franchise.

Team Silent members are now working on separate projects. Some of the original members went on to create the Siren series.
      Disbanded. It's unfortunate, as I did enjoy the older Silent Hills. The recent one wasn't as good as it could have been. And without Akira Yamaoka, the music just doesn't touch me as it used to.

Comment

^ That above info is slightly incorrect. Team Silent as a team actually ceased to exist after Silent Hill 2 due to the shifting staffing that took place after their work on the title finished. I've covered this in another topic in this forum a year or so back.

Konami actually started to look at other outside development to work on the third title (there are interviews with Sato where he talks about moving to LA and pitching his own ideas to Konami for him and a team there to make SH3), except the pitch internally was picked up but a large percentage of the team who made SH3 were entirely new. This is why most of the names on the credits for that game have never done a SH game before.

You'll note from above that most of the team who worked on 2 went and instead worked on 4, which for a good chunk of it's original development time wasn't intended to be a Silent Hill title. 4 benefitted however in the end from the fact big chunks of the team still existed in a new form, but correctly that was the last title where large chunks of what was "Team Silent" worked together.

Comment

^Hmmm...I never noticed the different names in 3 or even the names from Silent Hill 2 are the same in Silent Hill 4. This is news to me! Never even heard of this at all.

It really seems like this was all hush-hush.

Comment

Working...
          X