RE : Afterlife Iphone Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE : Afterlife Iphone Game

There's a new game for Resident Evil Afterlife available now on the ITunes App store titled "Resident Evil : Afterlife 3D Movie Game", and it works with both iphones and ipads. Developed by Sony Pictures to go with the movie, it's currently available for free. Full description and some screens of the game after the jump.

RE Afterlife Game, thanks to Stu and Enetirnel.
    Last edited by A-J; 07-13-2010, 09:07 AM.

The fourth installment of the hugely successful RESIDENT EVIL franchise, RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE is again based on the wildly popular video game series, and will this time be presented in 3-D. In a world ravaged by a virus infection, turning its victims into the Undead, ALICE, continues on her journey to find survivors and lead them to safety. Her deadly battle with the Umbrella Corporation reaches new heights, but Alice gets some unexpected help from an old friend. A new lead that promises a safe haven from the Undead takes them to Los Angeles, but when they arrive the city is overrun by thousands of Undead - and Alice and her comrades are about to step into a deadly trap.

In the RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE MOVIE GAME, play as Alice and do battle against the evil Umbrella Corporation so that the journey to find survivors can continue.
    Fight your way through the heavily guarded Umbrella Corporation Headquarters and defeat Wesker. Use your weapons to keep the zombies from swarming the prison stronghold and getting inside. Prepare for the final confrontation with the Axe Man once you are inside.

Thanks to Enetirnel for all the screens above.
    Last edited by A-J; 07-13-2010, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I knew that this would happen eventually, looks crappy

Comment

Originally posted by ValentineLover View Post
        I knew that this would happen eventually, looks crappy
        Not just looks crappy, plays it too.

A few people have already reported that it crashes upon loading.

Thank you for posting it A-J.

(It shames and/or saddens me that this is out as a marketing tie-in though - I'm happy playing games as I am, I don't want to play them as ANOTHER Alice...)
        Last edited by Enetirnel; 07-13-2010, 09:11 AM.
        sigpic
        Non-blurry Signature Version
        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Resident Evil Afterlife 3D Movie Game is the best title for any game ever.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
            Resident Evil Afterlife 3D Movie Game is the best title for any game ever.

I wonder who in marketing came up with that one, let alone approved it...
            Last edited by Enetirnel; 07-13-2010, 09:36 AM.
            sigpic
            Non-blurry Signature Version
            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Will you actually walk, or will be just the hand aiming?
              Anyway, looks boring, and the creative title makes me laugh.

Comment

I've actually always wondered how game rights works for movies based on video games... Certainly Capcom must've at one point said "Yeah. We're selling you the MOVIE rights to our game and not the rights to do whatever you want with the franchise/name."

Comment

Originally posted by Davi Redfield View Post
                  Will you actually walk, or will be just the hand aiming?
                  Anyway, looks boring, and the creative title makes me laugh.
                  You just aim at the screen and fire at enemies who randomly appear (and by appear, I actually mean it literally like "appear out of thin air"). It almost looks like they are actually running on the spot as well, and never run towards you, and the slowdown doesn't help either.

It took me like 5 or 7 minutes to clear the entire 3 stages, and I salute them for actually being able to make a game that's far worse than RE4 Iphone and RE Degeneration. I am not exaggerating.

Comment

It sucks, then. Thanks for the brief review.

Comment

Man this game is slow as hell. DX

And I actually liked the degeneration iphone game. At least that has a fair bit of exploration and genuine combat compared to this POS. But this....this....whoa. Let's just say I'd rather...you know....watch the damn movies than try and get through this godforsaken game. I'd rather play Gaiden ten times over! I'd rather Paul Anderson curb stomp me with the likes of Mike Epps and Michelle Rodriguez kicking me while I'm down because even then I'd get through that pain faster than the pain I'm having going through this monstrosity.

Comment

So there new marketing stratergy is to make a game that makes the move look super awesome in comparison? Interesting.

Comment

I just...ugh... Why do we even bother to criticize this company anymore? Same shit, different day.

Comment

This was literally the worst game I've ever played for my iphone. Im appalled that CAPCOM would allow something so cheap to be made with their name on it. I am at a loss for words. Thats how bad it was. Your character doesnt move just guys show up and you tap them to kill them. Thats it. If this is what they are putting out as a first taste of the movie i dont even want to know what the actual film will be like.

Comment

Originally posted by Chimera View Post
                              I just...ugh... Why do we even bother to criticize this company anymore? Same shit, different day.
                              Which company?

Comment

Working...
                              X