[QUESTION] Modding Resident Evil 4 for Windows 7 Ultimate [RE4-PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUESTION] Modding Resident Evil 4 for Windows 7 Ultimate [RE4-PC]

Okay I just got a new laptop, a Acer, and it has Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on it, 4 GB of RAM and 250 GB of HDD. Anyway, RE4 installed nicely and worked fine, but here's the problem, I tried to extract the folder necessary to use for modding RE4, I did it right, I configured the computer to show hidden files and folders but the folder (xfile) doesn't show up. What the hell do I do to make the folder appear on the RE4 Folder?

Originally posted by RPD490 View Post
    Okay I just got a new laptop, a Acer, and it has Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on it, 4 GB of RAM and 250 GB of HDD. Anyway, RE4 installed nicely and worked fine, but here's the problem, I tried to extract the folder necessary to use for modding RE4, I did it right, I configured the computer to show hidden files and folders but the folder (xfile) doesn't show up. What the hell do I do to make the folder appear on the RE4 Folder?
    It should show up in the core files of RE4, so it should be in your drive with Capcom/resident evil 4/ as xfile.dat, it should be shown without needing the hidden files (if it doesn't show up, on Vista and Win7 if I recall there's a button in the upper-right corner just below the toolbar that should show any other "hidden" files such as the SaveData), other than that if it showed up before and you extracted it - did you use the GCA extractor? Did you remember to uncheck Read Only on the folder?

Just wondering as you didn't exactly say which method you used.
    sigpic
    Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Oh I didn't know there was a hidden option on the toolbars.

Comment

Originally posted by RPD490 View Post
        Oh I didn't know there was a hidden option on the toolbars.
        Yeah, it was a bother - it was introduced with Vista and it makes a few particular files not appear even with the hidden files showing. I think it was something like a "Compatibility Files" option, but a fair amount of the files for RE4 end up in there sometimes.

But if they don't show up in there, then I'd just copy the xfile.dat to another area and extract it there and move the folder to RE4 and they generally do show up as the read-only settings with Vista and Win7 are a little bit iffy.
        sigpic
        Non-blurry Signature Version
        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
        X