Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH8 Dev "More like SH2, Less like Homecoming"

Like we haven't heard "More like SH2" before :-/
    The site got to sit down with Lead Designer of Silent Hill 8, Mark Berka. Mark tells of how the game will be moving away from the more action oriented feel of Silent Hill Homecoming to something akin to Silent Hill 2. The games primary influence, in terms of atmosphere, will be Silent Hill 2
    Mark also states that while he and the team enjoyed the Silent Hill movie; no inspiration from the film will be used.
    The team is apparently also working with key members from the series. Whether this be the new ‘Team Silence’ which are the western developers, or older members like Owaku and Ito from ‘Team Silent’.

My problem is I'm fairly jaded. They say the words that interest me, but so rarely will they actually walk the walk when it comes down to the finished product. Good news if they're not just bullshitting to try and draw back the fans.

Comment

the sad thing is that they rely on Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2 so much lately. it just tells you that they can't seem to create any original source because nearly every game in the series is related in some form to one or the other.
      Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Isn't that what is always said?

"We swear! We're going for a more SH 2 direction! It will be awesome!"

Didn't the guys making Homecoming also use Silent Hill 2 as an example of the way they were going with that game? I need to see more of the game before I can make any sort of real judgment.

Comment

Yes Homecoming team did say that before as well. And if the angle was to bring back Pyramid Head as a cameo then I was left bummed on the over all.

Sadly the trailer just felt like another version of Homecoming. Especially the transformation that rips apart which is what Homecoming used based on the movie. So in a way...it already feels like SH8 is taking from the movie despite their claims.

And this is a nitpick but I'm not digging just calling this Silent Hill 8 right now. I know it's a working title and I hope they find one soon because the series is so far ahead in prequel to re-imagining that the next numbered title shouldn't be "8'".

Comment

Technically 8 is the wrong number anyway. Homecoming was technically 5 (even the original teaser called it Silent Hill V), making SM 6 if you even wanted to give it a number, and I wouldn't. It's because Origins didn't get a number because in it's title is the number Zero as it was a prequel.

I suspect this will just end up with another subtitle in the end. Either that or they'll call this the actual Silent Hill 5. Who knows.

Comment

I think they keep getting "more like Silent Hill 2" confused with ripping off Silent Hill 2 rather than the level of development/design that went into creating Silent Hill 2.

Comment

i think its sad they have to say it will be more liek and less like anything. they should just try to make a new silent hill game...do not try to live up to things just try

Comment

I dont know...they made this promise on 'Homecoming' too. Homecoming had some good moments and all...but overall..meh.

Comment

Originally posted by riderkid View Post
                    i think its sad they have to say it will be more liek and less like anything. they should just try to make a new silent hill game...do not try to live up to things just try
                    I totally agree with you. We need more innovation and more substance in the stories rather than trying to be something already made. Enough already.

Comment

Ever thought the guy in the trailer could be James Sutherland, he doesnt actually speak and the voice actor guy says they only contacted him recently about something?

It does look like him in a way, plus some of the locations look like area's from silent hill 2, some of the alley ways, the apartment block and then the prison. It's just a theory but you never know where they will take it

Comment

Silent Hill 3 was like Silent Hill 2 as far as gameplay went. As someone said before it is sad that they have to market claiming its like another good title. Without the story to back it up it will never touch Silent Hill 2.

I may catch some flak for this but I really liked how 4 was put together. new idea's don't have to be a bad thing. maybe its time they stop trying to act like another game.

Comment

Waiting...
                          I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

I think the fact they state this makes a commitment to a level of quality we havn't seen in the series for a long time. If they just did their own thing and tried to make it good, maybe people would receive it better.

But aside from the story, I didn't much llike SH2. It's always felt like a fairly rough series gameplay wise, and I never found them too frightening, but very atmospheric.

Comment

Working...
                            X