Rather than waiting for dominion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rather than waiting for dominion...

why dont you guys work on a game? 1 or 5 of you's together or sumthn...we'll get to play sutn meanwhile you know, some1 could work on cutscenes, storyline etc etc etc

what u guys tink?

G posted BioFat and the like on here, why don't you have a try at things before asking for a large-scale modification (which, the majority of the time across the RE-Modding communities seem to usually collapse half-way through) to try and start something off?

I mean, you're not likely to get a full fan-made game on a new engine from scratch in contrast to a mod...

Of course, there are also recreation games around - however some mods and/or fan creations can somewhat draw the line as to what it could be called.

However, that's just my thoughts on it. I'm still waiting to see a few things released from the community, but have been working on my own modifications in the meantime as I have large doubts on things getting released after the current track record... *Shrugs*
    sigpic
    Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

I think this is impossible because romhackers are different [thank God] and each one thinks differently in consequence.
      In perfect world we have the same project with 5 or 6 romhackers on it but in my conception it is really impossible because the variants in work mode.

Comment

flag king are u workin on sutn?

Comment

Yeah...
          My work is about Raccoon City Rebecca's Escape.
          A MOD based in RE3-PC engine.

We published the official trailer last week.
          The project topic is here in this sub forum.

Rgdz!

Comment

guys i think thers alot of ppl here apart from flag king whos workin on sumthn, u guys can actually make a game...why dont u guys work togethr...rather than waitin on dominion etc etc?

Comment

There are several issues, ranging from 'Too Many Cooks' syndrome to technical limitations with using the RE2 engine. Even Dominion hasn't worked out all the kinks with the damned thing. Mostly, though, I think everyone has there own project.

Still, a small super group would be a good plan, if the right people were involved.

Comment

Originally posted by P.I.M.P. View Post
                guys i think thers alot of ppl here apart from flag king whos workin on sumthn, u guys can actually make a game...why dont u guys work togethr...rather than waitin on dominion etc etc?
                Cause everyone who has the interest and/or skill in modding has their own ideas, projects, ways of doing things and either don't want to work with others or simply just the issue of time, conflict of ideas, and the risk of relying on other help that may simply fall through. It's not an easy thing to get a group together that can actually get stuff done. Trust me on that, group mods and projects have been attempted before over the years and most of them were a bust. I'd say that's one of the biggest reasons people are still mostly going solo for the most part - easier to rely on yourself on what you want to do rather than a group that might fall apart for various reasons.

Nobody in the mod community is waiting on Dominion anymore - hence why they are already working on their own projects and people like Mark and Enrico are working hard on tools to catch up to, and potentially surpass, the skills and capabilities Dominion had. Tools which are already getting utilized and just need time before more people get more familiar with.

You're probably gonna see more group work in the future though as the tools and people's skills improve. And I do believe there are some pretty serious group projects in the works already that simply aren't showing anything.
                sigpic

Comment

...pretty much what Alzaire and Darkmoon have said.

Had Dominion released information years ago, i'm sure the modding community would be full of pleasant surprises and releases. However, you can't blame Dominion for hoarding information; i'm sure he planned a release of something by now... or maybe not. He's not exactly what I would call a social human being.

Like Alzaire said, we're all playing a game of "catching up", now, though most of his discoveries/hoardings have been rediscovered by others and the information nobly released. Something Dominion failed to do, for whatever reasons. Despite his abilities, it's kinda hard to respect that... so it's really 'no wonder' why people have given up on him and make threads like this.

So, 'instead of waiting on Dominion', knowledgeable people will have to put their heads together and really rely on each other. Again, this is something that's hard to come by, nowadays, especially when no one is getting paid for their lives being taking away for a modification to a 10+ year old video game.
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Well, as Dominion said to me, he was keeping a lot of his tricks back for two reasons. First, when he did give some out years ago they were looted wholeheatredly, other people often taking credit for his hard work. This failed to amuse him. So he stopped sharing.

Secondly, he doesn't want individuals getting hold of the techniques and using them to fake beta material.

In both these regards, he's hardly alone. I know some other people who make mods are holding stuff back for similar reasons.

Comment

Well I think that it should go without saying that I don't want fake beta material floating around either.

...and I wasn't aware that he had ever released information, and that people stole it without giving credit. Thanks for clearing that up.

While I can understand his anger, to some very small degree, it's the internet. How could he not expect people to steal his work? It's happened to me and many others for years... yet, I never stopped giving out information and materials because my panties got in a bunch over some asshole on the internet?
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        Well, as Dominion said to me, he was keeping a lot of his tricks back for two reasons. First, when he did give some out years ago they were looted wholeheatredly, other people often taking credit for his hard work. This failed to amuse him. So he stopped sharing.

Secondly, he doesn't want individuals getting hold of the techniques and using them to fake beta material.

In both these regards, he's hardly alone. I know some other people who make mods are holding stuff back for similar reasons.
                        I think number two is reason enough alone. I don't mind the fact that I'm not getting to mess around with his work, it's nice just to see what's actually possible when you put the hard work into it... Another thing to consider is that while Dominion might have a lot of footage to show, it doesn't suggest that it's put together into something that's actually playable coherently from start to finish. It might very well be that a lot of his work is broken into segments and not worth releasing because there's not much to play from A to B.
                        Last edited by Guest; 04-20-2011, 07:52 AM.

Comment

The thing with Dominion is he's scrapped and re-started mods so many times and released nothing that people are just sick of it now, if he can't actually stick with something to completion then he should at least be letting other people that can know how to do it.

Comment

Also there is some updates on the situation with Dominion. He recently signed in and talked to a few people. Seems he had got a new job that really cut out a lot of his free time and he hasn't worked much on DB (only has time on holidays). So apparently Dark Biohazard isn't dead overall, but definitely not gonna happen in the foreseeable future. Though I'm sure to most of you that pretty much means it's dead haha. But at least there's a small update for you guys who still are still looking forward to it.
                            sigpic

Comment

i think dominion has gave up imo. anyways i guess u all are right but u guys seem tight with each othr and perhaps maybe work togethr

i cant wait for these projects to come out tho that u guys are workin on, that rebecca one looks kl, epsecially since the storyline will be worked on also

Comment

Working...
                              X