Silent Hill 2: 3D starts production March 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill 2: 3D starts production March 7th

Well, beyond facepalming at the working title, we'll see how this goes with the new (read: probably not a fan of the game like Christophe Gans) writer/director Michael J. Bassett. For one good thing though, he's asking the fans who they want for the role of Heather. Yep, this'll follow Silent Hill 3. I'd be automatically opposed to that, but for me, it had the most empathetic characters of the better SH titles. The game, to me, was defined by its unrelenting atmosphere and engaging characters.

My suggestion? Carey Mulligan. She can still play teenagers and look fairly young, and damn I wouldn't mind seeing her attached. As for her willingness, it'd probably be slim to nil.

http://michaeljbassett.wordpress.com...sting-heather/

Wow... I have to say, I actually agree with Ellen Page. She's done the twisted stuff before and she can be snotty like Heather ("Are you still following me? Do I have to scream?" I can see her saying that perfectly). She can still play the perfect teenager. Just gotta do up her hair a little.

That's my vote: Ellen Page.
    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 03-02-2011, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I dunno. Call me a fanboy, but Ellen Page to me is typecast, and I don't want to see her play the role, let alone any other for a little while. It's like how certain people can't watch Michael Cera. It's just too easy a choice for me.

Matter of fact, strike Carey Mulligan. Find someone new.

Comment

How the hell are they gonna do SH3's storyline? That was shafted by the whole ending of the first movie.

Oh, I am not looking foward to this. I feel my nerd rage building already.

Comment

Just cast Milla Jovovich and have done with it. Game over man, Game Freaking over.

To be fair, the first Silent Hill Movie was a lot better than the RE franchise so I hope that they do something good with it.

But no actress springs to mind for Heather, well maybe AnnaSophia Robb or Kat Dennings.
          Last edited by Enrico Marini; 03-02-2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            How the hell are they gonna do SH3's storyline? That was shafted by the whole ending of the first movie.

Oh, I am not looking foward to this. I feel my nerd rage building already.
            maybe we got the bad ending on dvd and theatres

Comment

Originally posted by Enrico Marini View Post
              Just cast Milla Jovovich and have done with it. Game over man, Game Freaking over.

To be fair, the first Silent Hill Movie was a lot better than the RE franchise so I hope that they do something good with it.
              It is...but the director, who loved Silent Hill, appears to be gone and the writter who inisted on the variety of occasionally stupid changes (I think he also worked on the RE series) is still around...which is why I suspect they've gone this route. 'Look at the RE series, they base some of the movies on the games so we can too! Now let us get the darts to determine the plot.'

Frankly, I'd be astounded if Heather doesn't turn out to have daemonic ass kicking powers which she uses to pulp all the evil monsters she runs across, while wearing a bikini. Anything up on that is gonna please me. Which really says it all, that my expectations are so far down in the gutter that mere, every day shit seems good.

Comment

ok so silent hill 2: 3d part 7 of 13 episode 4 of 8 special edition will come out but when i want to know and why not just do silent hill 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  It is...but the director, who loved Silent Hill, appears to be gone and the writter who inisted on the variety of occasionally stupid changes (I think he also worked on the RE series) is still around... which is why I suspect they've gone this route. 'Look at the RE series, they base some of the movies on the games so we can too! Now let us get the darts to determine the plot.'
                  The director of this film is also writing it. Hopefully he's at least done some damn research. Roger Avary, from what I understand, now faces *ahem* legal troubles. I dunno about him working on the RE movies.
                  Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 03-03-2011, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I just looked up this Michael J. Bassett dude, and it's given me a vague ray of hope. I must be thinking of the old writter being on the RE movies, or some such. This guy seems like he has at least some idea of what he's doing. Deathwatch didn't make me wanna gouge my eyes out, at least. Then again, I hear bad things about Solomon Kane, so...

Comment

Avery's legal troubles have come and gone almost, I think he's on the home stretch if not already released from prison due to his low level manslaughter charges. Interesting they've not gone for him continuing to write, the last time it was officially stated interest were going ahead they were planning on using a draft sequel he'd already begun. There is a possibility the new writer is going off his original outline.

Avery or the new guy had nothing to do with RE, all of the entire series has been written by Anderson.

Comment

Adelaide Clemens (who?) is playing Heather Mason

Comment

Too old! Go home, grandma!

At least in that shot she doesn't seem young enough. Ah well. Hopefully it won't be random change #1 - Heather is now a young but succesful fashion designer on her way up the ladder.

Comment

This movie is going to suck, hard, i've been thinking that since it was announced with the crappy title and the 3D gimmick.

Comment

How old is she? Her IMDB page doesn't mention it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X