Virtua Fighter 5 out now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtua Fighter 5 out now.

Play Asia is naturally THE place to get it since they're selling it without much of a markup over the MSRP. Unfortunately, if I wanted to get the game ASAP, I'd have to use express shipping which would cost another $20.

Anyway, I'm psyched to say the least since this is one of the games that I bought the PS3 for. 1080p support is confirmed on AM2's own official site (while SOA reps apparently been claiming it's 720p only), in addition to uncompressed PCM 5.1 audio.

Just got a damn good score in EGM, Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3): 9.5, 10, 9.5 (Game of the Month)

Havent played fighting games since Tekken 3, but this should be fun!

Comment

Since it's coming out on 360 now I won't bother, but it's weird seeing that it's finally here after so long! =P

Comment

If you had both consoles, then waiting for the 360 one wouldn't have made any sense. You don't so sure :p The home version isn't overdue either, since the arcade version itself has been out since August, and this version is based on a 2nd arcade revision.

Dot, you'll probably be enamoured by the visuals alone since VF isn't quite accessible to beginners.

Comment

Sounds great, looking forward to this.

Always been a fan of the Virtua Fighter games, have them all.

Comment

At the moment I've only got a 360 and I'm praying for Xbox Live Support =P

Either way though, if I do get a PS3 soon I'll be picking it up with Genji, Resistance and import Virtua Fighter 5.

Comment

Sorry, but AM2 has confirmed that they have no plans to support online play on the 360 as well. VF5 and T5 DR are available at launch in the PAL regions. Patience is a virtue, and the way I see it, you've only got Resistance to look forward to, so hold off for now.

AVOID Genji, at least at full price. The JPN version was reduced to $29USD recently at PA, and even that I find to be $10 more than I would pay for it. And this is coming from a fan of the first game. Kamui is no long fun or stylish, and the camera angles are quite bad as I often found myself going off screen. It's a beautiful game though, 2nd only to Gears on the market, but it could've been better.

Comment

Working...
              X