PS3 GET!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 GET!

Yeah, well, I'm going to be getting my brand new PS3 quite soon =D For about 600 US dollars, I will be receiving: -

1 x PS3 Console 60GB HDD
    1 x SIXAXIS Controller (2 in Total)
    1 x Genji PS3 Game
    1 x Blaze Component Cables

So I'm pretty damn excited, and I'll be able to play RE5 first =D Though I'll probably buy both versions

So yeah, just thought I'd share =P Are there any games that anyone can recommend picking up? I see Play Asia just had RR7 for a VERY GOOD price but I missed out on it unfortunately >_>

RR7 is pretty fun, I beat that to around the last few underground races (which unlock after you beat the main mode). Sorta lost interest after that as my cars arent up to speed and you really need to rely on nitro a lot more.

Other than that, Resistance is decent. Has some nice moments but nothing really on the ps3 that Id say OMG get! ;P

Comment

VF5, and the T5 DR download.. that's about it for now. I'd say RR7 is one of those few games worth getting, but hold off on Genji as I said in another thread.

You're getting a good deal, but.. I guess I've got buyer's remorse (had it with the 360 and took a DVD-ROM problem for me to sell it).

If you have an HDTV, take advantage of the BD player; I know I am. It's hard going back to SD after watching a true HD movie.

Comment

Genji is coming with it....so no problems there >_>

but yeah I might pick up Resistance, Tekken DR and VF5.\

I'll definitely be taking advantage of BD, though they aren't as available as they are everywhere else =/ (The discs themselves)

Ridge Racer 7 I plan to get.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Comment

IS HD-DVD there too Nemmy? Any sense on which is leading there?

Also dont forget Gran Trusimo HD, Its a limited time thing so Id get it asap if I were you Should be ver 1.1 which corrected a cheat some people did to get better lap times.

Comment

The PAL network should have it for a while though. I'm having a hard time locating BD and HD-DVD movies in Toronto; on a continent that's currently the centre of the "battle". I've seen them in two places: Walmart and Best Buy.. and the former has a more updated collection, but still a very limited one.

If the surge in BD sales since November is anything to go by, seems that Sony's gamble paid off. I suppose others releasing their long awaited players had something to do with it too. Let's see how long it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
              IS HD-DVD there too Nemmy? Any sense on which is leading there?

Also dont forget Gran Trusimo HD, Its a limited time thing so Id get it asap if I were you Should be ver 1.1 which corrected a cheat some people did to get better lap times.
              HD DVD and BluRay are both here, albeit not in mainstream stores. Working in Blockbuster I had access to the sales data and at the moment BluRay is outselling HD-DVD by almost double! Though BluRay is about $10 AU dollars cheaper than HD-DVD anyway, but I want Batman Begins on HD-DVD or some form of high definition DVD =P Same with V For Vendetta. Any chance we'll see them on BluRay anytime soon? They're MUCH cheaper too =P

Hmm. What else? Oh yeah. GT HD. Isn't it, like, really expensive? And what do you mean it's a limited time?

Comment

Not sure, If its a Warner Brothers title yeah, it should be on Blu-Ray soon. But if its Universal they are HD-DVD exclusive (the only studio left to do so). But guesses are that this war will end soon, so I wouldnt worry about it much ;)

GT HD is free! DL IT! Limited time, it isnt specific but Id guess til the end of the year its available.

Comment

It's free!!!! OMFG. I'm getting it now! =P

lol, bear with me, I'm getting it like, next week =P The courier takes about 3 days.

Comment

I used my PS3 mostly for movies. Only games I have are Resistance and Tekken, with Formula 1 being the only game Im interested in coming out. 10 Blu-ray movies so far and counting, so Im putting it and my projector to use.

Comment

I'm surprised that you actually have one Borman. I guess Nemesis getting one is a bit of a surprise too.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                        I'm surprised that you actually have one Borman. I guess Nemesis getting one is a bit of a surprise too.
                        Ahaha! Most people I know are quite surprised too =P But anyway, it was just too good a deal to refuse I guess. =D

Comment

Well, I got it today. Been playing around with it and I like it alot...

Well, I just have a question, how do I pay for stuff on the PS Store? Since I'm in Australia, I can't use a credit card as as soon as it asks for the address the card is registered to, I have no option but to use US.

Does anyone know if there are any places that do the pre-paid cards? If so, I'd be willing to pay over PayPal in exchange for one or something.

Thanks once again =D

Comment

Working...
                          X