Progress thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress thread

I figured I'd start this to let you all know what we're doing behind the scenes to improve the site. If you notice any bugs, let me know! I'm in a fixing mode at the moment since a lot of things busted while I was away. All of its a temporary patch til the new design is out of the oven.

I just finished fixing the upcoming releases section, upcoming events etc on the main page. So hopefully thats all proper. If you notice a screwup, lemme know.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-09-2011, 11:01 PM.

After looking into some back-end improvements I realized I'm a bit out of my league. I'll try and contact dmkf to see if he can code us an image upload function for the news posters. Hopefully it'll include:
    automatic thumbnail generation
    automatic watermark application
    multiple file uploads into proper (dated) directories
    automatic html generation for said images

I've since moved on to re-ripping the backgrounds for the map section. Its a lot of work, but thankfully I figured out an algorithm which can rename the split files that HJSplit spits out to something that the sony movie converter can open easily. Its still a lot of work, but not anywhere near the 9 hour process it used to be in the past, renaming thousands of files by hand.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-10-2011, 04:02 PM.

Comment

That's quite the messy background you got there in your computer, John.
      Last edited by Zombie Fred; 04-11-2011, 03:29 AM.

Comment

It's Alice, everyone stop being his friend!
        See you in hell.

Comment

Holy shit... That is Alice.

Comment

I'll expose you for this!
            See you in hell.

Comment

Alice and WoW on one desktop? I think Dot has been taken over by an evil entity. Of evil.

Comment

Technical it's an Alice clone i believe As for the improvements i can't help but i have to say as a general user i've never noticed any problem, you guys must be really on top of this already!
                Last edited by rewak; 04-11-2011, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  Code an image upload function for the news posters. That will include:
                  • automatic thumbnail generation
                  • automatic watermark application
                  • multiple file uploads into proper (dated) directories
                  • automatic html generation for said images
                  Did you want something you can integrate into vB forum or a standalone utility? That latter would be easier to code, of course.

Comment

To be fair with Dot, Milla Jovovich is pretty damn hot. It's just that the RE movies suck.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Standalone PO, this would just be for news posts and such.

And hey, in my defense, its the only color pleasing wallpaper I have at the moment. All the rest are either too dark or too light.

Comment

Alice and WoW on one desktop?
                        Oh noes! Someone with an opinion of their own?! What's the world coming to?! *dies*

I've since moved on to re-ripping the backgrounds for the map section. Its a lot of work, but thankfully I figured out an algorithm which can rename the split files that HJSplit spits out to something that the sony movie converter can open easily. Its still a lot of work, but not anywhere near the 9 hour process it used to be in the past, renaming thousands of files by hand.
                        Good God, man.

Best of luck with the site!
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Yes, I do like to stifle the opinion of others at every oppurtunity. I already have agents hunting Dot down so he can taken to a carefully guarded facility, where he will be 'rehabilited' - that is, beaten with a frozen hadock until he admits the movies suck and WoW may actually be Satan's way of claiming the human soul before they die.

Which is odd, because I don't actually think Satan exists...

Comment

I support the notion, Jon
                            Freedom of Information.

Comment

See? Trent once had his own opinions. I soon broke him of those.

Comment

Working...
                              X