Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone Read This Please (The Future of the Forums are at Stake!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone Read This Please (The Future of the Forums are at Stake!)

I changed a couple things in our database just a little while ago. If you notice anything odd, report it here immediately!

Thank you!

Also please post here so I know I didn't just nuke the forum and everyones accounts please!

EDIT:
    Hmm. Hopefully it wont happen again. I'm not sure what could have caused it to be honest, maybe just a hiccup.

Anyway, I'm pleased to announce that the upgrade to Vbulletin 4 wont affect our news posting system (amazingly). I cloned our forum here and then upgraded it to 4. Everything works great and it looks nice

But all of our old styles (thia dark, etc) are dead. So would anyone mind that? We'd be on the default Vbulletin 4 them, which looks like this. Anyone gonna flip out if we do that?

(See a couple posts down)
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-15-2011, 11:11 PM.

Nuclear detonation averted!
    sigpic

Comment

Earlier today, I noticed that the forum would automatically Log Out after I would post... doesn't seem to be an issue anymore, though.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

How long ago was that Mark? About 1 hour before your post is when I did stuff.

Comment

*glances around frantically* ...Phew, all clear.

It's like the Cold War all over again...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hide under your newspapers!
          Last edited by Canas Renvall; 04-15-2011, 10:40 PM.

Comment

...I was gonna report it, but thought it was just maintenance.

*checks earlier post times*

It kept happening around 2-3 PM, US Eastern time. Also, i'm using FireFox, if that matters...
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Hmm. Hopefully it wont happen again. I'm not sure what could have caused it to be honest, maybe just a hiccup.

Anyway, I'm pleased to announce that the upgrade to Vbulletin 4 wont affect our news posting system (amazingly). I cloned our forum here and then upgraded it to 4. Everything works great and it looks nice

But all of our old styles (thia dark, etc) are dead. So would anyone mind that? We'd be on the default Vbulletin 4 them, which looks like this. Anyone gonna flip out if we do that?
              Attached Files

Comment

Well I can't say I dig the new (v4 default) style, but hell, I will be here if it's white, black, or fluorescent LOL. So it's not an issue for me.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Ill hopefully look into creating a more "THIA" look, but that wont be for a while.

Comment

Hopefully it wont happen again. I'm not sure what could have caused it to be honest, maybe just a hiccup.
                    Odd. Who knows...

I'm gonna miss the generic THIA style, really, but so long the forum's still around, doesn't matter...
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                      Odd. Who knows...

I'm gonna miss the generic THIA style, really, but so long the forum's still around, doesn't matter...
                      Exactly. I know you guys will do what's best for the community. I have no doubt about it.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I recently did a VB4 skin, its easy as piss compared to 3.x. I wouldn't upgrade to VB4 until it at least looks somewhat like THIA, otherwise your just being lazy You can just click a few buttons and it'll change all the buttons and stuff for you.. better than nothing.

Comment

I do have a few days off coming up so perhaps I'll play around with it. But to be honest, what do you guys even see as a "thia style" now? We've gone through so many versions and color schemes.

Comment

What is the THIA style? Hmm, something like the site I am on now perhaps! Dark and dirty textures and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                              What is the THIA style? Hmm, something like the site I am on now perhaps! Dark and dirty textures and stuff.
                              Exactly. Dark greys and reds? Industrial feel?

Comment

Working...
                              X