Code Veronica mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code Veronica mods?

So I was just playing through CV on nulldc and wondering if there are any mods or anything? I searched a bit but not thoroughly.. Shouldn't the 3D structure of the rooms be fun to mess around with?

Originally posted by Scream View Post
    So I was just playing through CV on nulldc and wondering if there are any mods or anything? I searched a bit but not thoroughly.. Shouldn't the 3D structure of the rooms be fun to mess around with?
    Sure, but we would have to hack and analyse it first. I guess no one showed real interest in RE:CV yet, because there is no pc version of it. There are also not really much helpful tools for ps2 and dc image formats etc...

Comment

About 5 years ago, er so, I made some really shitty texture hacks for the Trial Edition of Code Veronica. Some old members of BioFlames may remember these:

Obviously, texture modeling isn't a gift of mine, so these are proof of concept.

And the final versions (DC, PS2, GCN) of CV/X all use compression, so we'll have to tackle that issue before any really modding can begin.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Aha, excellent, thanks. I wouldn't mind doing something in my spare time, CV is a favourite of mine, where would I begin?

Comment

where would I begin?
          As I said, the Claire "mod" that I made was for the Trial Edition, as it doesn't use any compression for the models. Final builds do, so...

You'd need BioHazard:CV Trial Edition (DreamCast) and some texture tools. The textures are in Sega's PVR format, and I had to hex them into the character files. The textures I created had to be same dimension, same PVR format and same filesize as the original PVR textures. A pain in the ass, from what I remember...

You can find PVR texture tools just about anywhere on the 'net.
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Well actually I was referring to the compression problem (and not just the models). How to begin tackling that issue?

Comment

cv was a fun game looking forward too hd release though i don't know why they didn't do zero or the remake seeing that they are newer games. really interested in the mod talk, wish i could do it but i'm an old guy. saw on another post someone talking about putting that new beta release onto a psp would really know how to go about doing that

Comment

Working...
              X