Disabling Sigs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling Sigs?

So, what do you think? Would you mind if we disabled signatures? The reason I ask is because I think we've all become known enough to one another by our avatars as it is. Sigs seem to be a thing of the past and something I've largely avoided using here. It's also the primary way that spambots (the ones that do get through) advertise their crap. Though I still see some folks with some. So, I'll let you all decide what we do.
    Yes
    39.39%
    No
    60.61%
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-24-2011, 12:19 AM.

I don't have a problem, I never even use my signature for anything. Others might have issue though.
    See you in hell.

Comment

I like em so I'd prefer to keep em. Not sure where you're getting the idea that sigs are a thing of the past. They're still pretty common most forums I visit. No reason to really get rid of them imo.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm mostly thinking of larger forums when I say sigs are a thing of the past. Removal of them makes forums a lot easier to read in my opinion. If theres an image in a post, you'll usually go right to it. Anyway, just something I thought I'd ping the community with. Plus I've seen some rather large ones which violate our sig policy recently.
        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-24-2011, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          I'm mostly thinking of larger forums when I say sigs are a thing of the past. Removal of them makes forums a lot easier to read in my opinion. If theres an image in a post, you'll usually go right to it. Anyway, just something I thought I'd ping the community with. Plus I've seen some rather large ones which violate our sig policy recently.
          Larger forums like what? Tech forums or something where people don't give a damn? haha I still see a lot on other big forums.

Large signatures are against our rules anyway, aren't they? They aren't supposed to be bigger than around 150x300 or so I think (somewhere around there). Something about the size of my sig image. Is there a way to technically limit it via the forum? I've seen some places that don't even let you put the sig in if it doesn't meet their size regulation.

You and your silly ideas.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
            Plus I've seen some rather large ones which violate our sig policy recently.
            I guess one of them you saw was mine, huh?

Regarding the sigs, I don't really care if they are allowed or not. I don't really use them to be honest with you. I just recently uploaded this one, just for fun, and to see how it would go, but I don't really have a problem removing it. It's just not that important to me, although there may be some people who prefer to have images in their sig.

I've noticed that a lot of people use text as sigs rather than images. So I guess it is more of decision of allowing images for sigs, rather than sigs themselves?

I'll take my sig down for now, because I think it is slightly bigger than what is in the policy. But just out of curiosity, besides it being a little big, does my sig look good?
            Last edited by RetroRain; 04-24-2011, 12:36 AM.
            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Also to be fair, the sig size limit is not really easily found. I keep forgetting what it was and kept having trouble finding it when making some of mine. Maybe toss it in the new rules DM put up recently so maybe people might see it or that we can link to more readily. I guess we can start enforcing that rule more often (w/o infractions unless they refuse to change the size or something).

Cause yeah, I'd agree that ones that are too large can be an eyesore or an issue, but ones of proper size are fine I think. Some can be pretty creative or just simple and cool.

Also, I'd debate with you about making the forums easier to read. Without a few sig images breaking things up, everything just looks like a page of text. Very bland and uninteresting. Can't really see how a picture in between a few posts here and there makes that difficult enough to even consider forcing the entire forum to get rid of them. I know you're weird though.
              sigpic

Comment

I honestly don't care. Not really a big deal to me one way or another, I can never make the things anyway so meh.

Comment

I wouldn't mind. I've always had a sig but I've found since it was reset, I quite like not having one.

Comment

Sure, makes the forum look clean.

Comment

Sure, makes the forum look clean.
                      Exactly

Comment

I never use one these days anyway, and there are a few sigs I'd like to see gone, so I'm good.

Comment

Long as I get to keep my sinister David Cameron face, I'm happy.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

David Cameron is excedingly sinister, especially if you're poor. You can see the desire in his eyes to take everything you own and leave you begging the rich for handouts.

Comment

I've always liked them, personally. It shows a bit of individuality. I also enjoy when people update them and seeing what kind of art they come up with.

A forum of just text is cleaner, I'll give you that, but I think an image here or there does break up the text a bit nicely.

To each his own though.

EDIT:
                              Though, the more I think about it, if you disable signatures, I would probably go through with disabling image posting in general. If the argument is cleanliness, a bunch of LOLZ cat images posted back and forth (though humorous at times) is still clutter...And sometimes annoying.

|AA|
                              Last edited by Xander Ashford; 04-24-2011, 10:28 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X