X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Planet PC announced

taken from neogaf.

I hope this is not old news, but...

According to Famitsu, Capcom and NVIDIA are joining forces to develop the PC version of Lost Planet.

It will feature DirectX10 support and will offer up to XHD resolution (2560×1600).

Producer, Takeuchi san noted that effective use of NVIDIA GPU can produce an overwhelming game experience for the players. Due to the superb rendering power of Geforce graphics processors, he wants the players to look forward to the amazing details that the PC version of Lost Planet will offer.

The game will be release June of this Year (06.2007) in US and Europe, with other regions to follow.

Source: http://www.famitsu.com/pcent/news/20...70139,0,0.html

Not to me, thanks. Geforce eh? interesting, all things considered. I really couldn't get into any of the new Capcom IP's, so I'm not terribly psyched at the prospect of another version.

Comment

Sounds awesome, although I wonder how many monitors can display such a resolution. Sounds like it may be the first Capcom PC game which isn't just a low-key port.

This also seems like it's the first time nVidia has worked with a company to make a game. Anyone know if nVidia has tried this in the past?

Comment

I think Epic often collaberates with Nvidia for their projects.

Comment

nVidia was also working with SquareSoft for the PC version of Final Fantasy XI, and nVidia also worked with Square Pictures and there was a "Spirits Within" tech demo shown at Siggraph 2001. [Link]

Dunno if there were any relationships involved between the companies, but ID labeled nVidia as the official/recommended graphics cards for the Doom 3 engine.
          Last edited by Carnivol; 04-25-2007, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Nvidia has "The Way Its Meant To Be Played" promotion, which is almost always on high profile new releases. They basically work with the companies to ensure that the games run properly on their cards.

Its very common, and if thats all this is then its no real surprise or anything new.

Comment

I shall now demonstrate some amazing skills in human community emulation;

"Lost Planet for PS3 confirmed"

Let's break it down and see how some community moron could come to this amazing conclusion;

ATi = 360
              Lost Planet + 360 = Lost Planet 360
              Lost Planet + PC = nVidia
              nVidia = PS3
              Lost Planet + nVidia = Lost Planet PS3

Comment

Working...
              X