Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[QUESTION] Need help with Gold Edition sound files for PC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUESTION] Need help with Gold Edition sound files for PC.

This is a bit of a long post but please bare with me
    Ok,so I've been trying to get the sound files off the Gold Edition of RE5 for some time to use in the PC ver of RE5.

It was done a year ago on another forum but the person who did it is no longer available and the links he posted so long ago are either dead or password protected-_-
    From reading the form he mentiond he got the sounds from the PS3 ver of Gold edition.

I was able to get the "ISO"of the PS3 ver.
    I know it's not called ISO but you know what I mean.

Also before someone yells at me for doing that I own physical copys of RE5 PS3,PC,360,and PS3 gold edition.
    And I have ZERO intention of distributing it or using it in any illegial way.

Now that I'm able to look at the files,anyone know where the sound is stored and what kind of extracter I can use to get them?

I used PSound on all the files and I only got a fue sound FX but no voices.

Any help would be great. thanks.

EDIT! sorry for no tail end on the top,I ment to put it there but I forgot...and I can't edit it.
    Last edited by Hcloud13; 11-10-2011, 09:10 AM.
    Spoiler:

Originally posted by Hcloud13 View Post
    I was able to get the "ISO"of the PS3 ver.
    I know it's not called ISO but you know what I mean.

Also before someone yells at me for doing that I own physical copys of RE5 PS3,PC,360,and PS3 gold edition.
    And I have ZERO intention of distributing it or using it in any illegial way.
    Uh oh, Darkmoon is angry. Very angry. I can see him from afar - delving deep into his rulebook.. and mumbling.. I can't make it all out but something like "ISOs must be backed up from your own physical copy - and even then its a gray area!" - damn its getting bad, he's yanking frantically at the ball and chain under his desk. And now... he just let out a blood curdling howl - I would leave.. leave and never come back!

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
      Uh oh, Darkmoon is angry. Very angry. I can see him from afar - delving deep into his rulebook.. and mumbling.. I can't make it all out but something like "ISOs must be backed up from your own physical copy - and even then its a gray area!" - damn its getting bad, he's yanking frantically at the ball and chain under his desk. And now... he just let out a blood curdling howl - I would leave.. leave and never come back!
      How is wanting to rip the voice files from RE5 any worse than ripping the backgrounds or textures from other RE games thats posted all over the modding section?
      And I said it's not the ISO,just the game files off the disc to extract the voice Files.
      If I'm wrong please correct me and I will leave.
      Spoiler:

Comment

He's joking about the leave bit. And the level of bloodrage currently influencing my desire to maimhunteatkill is entirely unrelated to the topic.

Since it's just the files, not a working copy, and you have no desire to spread it among the unwashed masses I see no issue with it.

Scream's just using me to scare people, like some forum dwelling Boogeyman.

...if only I was just contained to forums...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          He's joking about the leave bit. And the level of bloodrage currently influencing my desire to maimhunteatkill is entirely unrelated to the topic.

Since it's just the files, not a working copy, and you have no desire to spread it among the unwashed masses I see no issue with it.

lol,Thanks for letting me know.

Update/P.S I'm now a Bee?! How F&^%n cool it that! O.o
          Last edited by Hcloud13; 11-23-2011, 02:09 PM.
          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post

Hardly. His reaction dictated your statement. I was just imitating your earlier posts since you wern't around - and because you have a beard.. yes.. the beard is all important.

Comment

Would the 360 version not be easier to rip or is the file type not supported?

Spoiler:
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\nativePS3\sound\bgm_dc\oto = DLC Sounds and voices
                \PS3_GAME\USRDIR\nativePS3\sound\bgm\oto = main game voices and sounds , excluding DLC's

Inside em you will find :

\emo_voice = emotional voices , callings and pain , hurt sounds of chars ,first letter is the char name , for example j_43.at3 is one of jills calls , while j_43_r.at3 is the radio ver of it since it ends with R

\door = need i explain it xD

\figure_voice = Figures voices ....

\radio_voice = all radio voices and calls for story , excluding character ones

\bgm = Background musics

\Camera = ?

\Event = ?

I hope this is what you needed to know
                Last edited by Mrox2; 11-24-2011, 02:46 PM.
                Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                ^ Lol ...

Comment

Working...
                X