Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umbrella Chronicles Delayed?

It seems so, though I hope not! =P

Japanese gaming bible Famitsu list the release dates of Super Mario Galaxy and others in Japan, including the DVD-enabled Wii...

Famitsu have published a list of release dates for major Wii and DS titles hitting Japan for the remainder of the year, revealed in the latest issue of the Japanese magazine.

Of most note is surely Super Mario Galaxy being listed for release in October - almost guaranteeing European gamers will also be playing it before Christmas. Not only that, but Famitsu also lists a "late 2007" release for the Wii with DVD playback. The list in full is as follows:

July 2007: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Fuuketsu no Grimoire (NDS, Square Enix)
    July 2007: MushiKing Super Collection (Wii, Sega)
    July 2007: Wii Health Pack (Wii, Nintendo)
    July 2007: Mario Party 8 (Wii, Nintendo)
    August 2007: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (NDS, Square Enix)
    October 2007: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii, Nintendo)
    November 2007: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2 (NDS, Nintendo)
    November 2007: Dragon Quest IX (NDS, Square Enix)
    December 2007: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii/NDS, Sega)
    Late 2007: DVD-Enabled Wii (Nintendo)
    2008: Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Capcom)

No news however, on "launch window" titles Metroid Prime 3 and Smash Bros: Brawl, or other Nintendo-developed titles such as Project H.A.M.M.E.R. or Disaster: Day of Crisis. Still, this lot seems enough to be getting on with, when they do arrive.
    Source: N-Europe - "Famitsu Dates Major Releases"

I'm a tad worried. This means no RE fix for me until 2008! >_>

EDIT: It also seems that there will be no RE2 specific areas in the game. The only areas appearing in the game from RE2 will be the ones that ALSO appeared in RE3. This probably means no pre-RE4 Claire or Leon. =/

The interview clarifying that can be found above!
    Last edited by James; 04-23-2007, 07:10 PM.

Either a placeholder date, or a more likely January release. But yeah, it's a bummer that there are no RE2 areas.. then again, I think they've used them enough times with both Outbreak games and Zero.

Comment

Regardless I was pretty psyched about a release this year pertaining to RE =(

Comment

You actually thought this game would be released on time? That'd be a first! We won't see UC until mid 2008 earliest.

Comment

2nd half of 2K7! what delayed?

it's not 31/12 2007 now!

Famitsu said 2008! only it said, not capcom!

capcom said "2nd half this year"!

I don't think we should really trust any famitsu as it's not capcom
          Last edited by Arlumit; 04-29-2007, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
            You actually thought this game would be released on time? That'd be a first! We won't see UC until mid 2008 earliest.

Comment

Honestly I would believe something Famitsu prints over something Capcom announces.

Comment

True.

Comment

Aw, that sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Krispy View Post
                    Honestly I would believe something Famitsu prints over something Capcom announces.
                    the truth is, Famitsu isn't CAPCOM JAPAN

Comment

Thing is though, that magazines usually get their sources from the company themselves. So in a way Famitsu IS CAPCOM, but we also have to look at the fact that the company won't always tell the magazine the release is delayed, or (heaven forbid!) brought forward.

Comment

once again, famitsu NOT EQUAL TO capcom japan

Comment

No shit, but it doesn't make them less reliable. If CAPCOM shares their info with them, it's the same.

Comment

Now I read in Game Wave (last week release) that Umbrella Chronicles will STILL BE RELEASE IN JULY 2007!

NO POSTPONE YES

Comment

Game Wave are either mis-informed or stupid Theres no way the game is shipping in July 2007. Its way too early.

Comment

Working...
                              X