Need help with RE3 pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with RE3 pc

I have the disc verison of RE3 and I installed it to my computer but yet i cannot mod it. Ive seen videos how but the files they were accessing i do not have. Is it because i used a disc version to install?
    Last edited by BeefWellington; 03-25-2012, 08:20 PM.
    PSN Gamercards

From what I recall with RE3, I think for the textures for Jill and the other characters the PL0- files, you had to actually dump them out of the PS1 version to mod but the other ones could be opened in a particular manner and all of the files had to be extracted from those into folders and then modding would be possible from there.

I may actually be wrong, it's been a while since I modded 3 and have yet to reinstall it after my hard-drive failed earlier in the year.

But I can tell you for sure, there's a guide floating around (not on RE1/2/3 PC Forums, but an external guide) that shows how to extract the archived files into the correct structure for mods to work on 3. It'll all be fine as long as it isn't the Xplosive re-release of the PC version which was missing Mercs.

Installing from the disc works perfectly fine, it's just that those files have to be handled otherwise the game won't take the mods (similar as to 4 and 5).
    Last edited by Enetirnel; 03-25-2012, 08:45 PM.
    sigpic
    Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
    X