Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2 Game Cube version (to Mark Grass)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 2 Game Cube version (to Mark Grass)

Mark, I know you put the back ground images of some resident evil games, but wanted to know if you can put the game cube background images of Resident Evil 2. I wanted to see higher quality images of that game. And is there a Higher Quality image of the Resident Evil 1.5 select screen on that game??

Thanks for looking.
    I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

re2 gamecube background images are exactly the same as the PC version. They're even packed in the same "roomcut.bin" file. the difference is gamecube hardware gets a better looking image from the same source, but the source is still 320x240

Comment

I'm pretty sure the RE1.5 select screen in higher resolution is more or less impossible. It's 320x240, and has more or less been removed from all versions of the game after the PS1 version.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I didn't know that it wasn't higher quality? Thanks Mark Grass 1 and 2
        I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

Mark, I know you put the back ground images of some resident evil games, but wanted to know if you can put the game cube background images of Resident Evil 2. I wanted to see higher quality images of that game. And is there a Higher Quality image of the Resident Evil 1.5 select screen on that game??
          At the moment, it's close to impossible.

The Gamecube port of BH2 is actually a port of the PC version, they use the same file format. From what i've gathered, the backgrounds are stored in ROOMCUT.BIN, and are 320x240 headerless TIM images. I can't confirm that, but you of all people should know how shady the RE scene has become, BC, so I don't even know if the software is getting released.

I do have an incomplete PC Background rip, with only stages 1-3 (missing 4-7). Since it is incomplete, i'm not releasing it yet, but I will tell you that I obtained it from Colvin a good while ago.

Oh, and if my memory serves me correctly, the 1.5 select screen was removed from the GCN port.
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
          X