Book of Memories E3 Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book of Memories E3 Trailer

I feel bad for this game cause I was genuinely trying to keep an open mind about it. Not many people own a Vita at this time, and even fewer have a tolerance for Silent Hill after the poor reception left by the failure of the "Month of Madness". The patches that were claimed to fix the problems of the previous entries have shown no sight of coming out anytime soon. If there wasn't any interest in a hand held Silent Hill dungeon crawler, then there will be fewer sales for sure if people can't trust the quality of this product (and when it'll actually come out).

Worse yet they've shifted the release date yet again. Going from March to Spring 2012, and now it's settled at FALL 2012.

I'd ease people by saying that these delays were for quality purposes, but that doesn't help their case when you look at the HD Collection as it was released after countless delays.
    Last edited by Smiley; 06-05-2012, 09:46 PM.

Yeah. . .um. . .this just seems like another disaster waiting to happen. The footage looked pretty awful. Nothing of it invoked anything close to what you think of when you think of Silent Hill. They really might as well as just kill the franchise off to put the fans and gamer's misery at an end of the franchise ever reclaiming it's former glory.
    sigpic

Comment

I got no issues witht he genre jump, kinda reminded me of playing Diablo II, only would need see more gameplay. Plus I have no interest in a VIta currently, neither for price or games.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Diablo clone is trying to hard...

Comment

Jim Sterling's Hands-on/first-impressions on Book of Memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
            Jim Sterling's Hands-on/first-impressions on Book of Memories.

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-i-play...t-229000.phtml
            Somewhat interesting to read, other than the writer's 'I have decided that I like it and fans who think a Silent Hill game should have some horror should fuck off' rantings. I actually kinda like the idea behind the game, but it has been done better elsewhere, without randomly sticking a Silent Hill tag on a game and assuming it will sell. It didn't work for the Room, and that was actually survival horror title! Sammael's Pretty Pyramid Head Dress Me Up (from the same school of thought that brought you Barry's Pretty Princess Dress Me Up and Cooking With Scorpion) won't sell either, no matter how big the Silent Hill logo is.

I'd probably buy this (if it wasn't Vita only) but only second hand. I'd have actually been much more interested if it didn't have the Silent Hill name, sadly...

Comment

Tomm Hulett discusses Book of Memories.

Comment

I don't think ill buy this when i get a Vita , nothing interesting so far , i'd like to have MGS:HD Though its a rip since it doesn't have MGS: PW in it
                Last edited by Mrox2; 06-09-2012, 05:43 AM.
                Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                ^ Lol ...

Comment

/\ Not much of a loss.

As for this....It looks pretty poor, regardless of whether they want to tie it into the Silent Hill brand.

Comment

Quick! Its Pyramid head! You guys cast 'fireballs' I'll distract him with 'flirt'! Make sure you remember that you can only cast 5 fireballs before a 2 second cool down and-God even making fun of the game for doing this crap hurts. I'll just stop.

Comment

Because people did that in Diablo?
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                      X