Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got to meet Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to meet Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn yesterday.

So I had the chance to meet Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn yesterday.
    Shes real nice and took time out to sit a talk with everyone. I got her to sign my copy of SH3.
    I also asked her about when she did the voice directing for Umbrella Chronicles & if Richard Waugh really did any voice work for the game & why DC Douglas was chosen. She said all the actors were already chosen when she was brought on bord & just started directing a cast that was already picked.

Spoiler:

Wow, that's awesome - as a big fan of Ghost In The Shell, it's great to hear such positive feedback about her. I know she's taking some flak off of the Silent Hill fanbase for her voice work in the HD Collection, but i'll forever love her voice on You're Not Here.
    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Goddamn it, I've always wanted to meet her. I'm so jealous! Where did you see her?

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
        Goddamn it, I've always wanted to meet her. I'm so jealous! Where did you see her?

She was at Metrocon in Tampa FL signing autographs. Of all the celebs I've met she honestly seems to enjoy taking time with her fans.

You can meet alot of Voice actors at cons. I'll be seeing DC Douglas and Quinton Flynn next month.
        Spoiler:

Comment

I saw her in 2007 or so at an anime convention, shes a really nice person. Enjoys going to conventions and meeting fans.

Comment

She's done a lot of good work on the series, it'd be really neat to meet her one day.

Comment

Richard Waugh didn't do a any work on Umbrella Chronicles. The cast for that game was based only in L.A.

She's also responsible for voice directing Degeneration as far as her Biohazard credit is concerned.

Comment

I wonder if you'd had her sign the HD collection if it's value would go up or even more down :p

I kid. But seriously, that. ^ :p

I used to have a lot of respect for her, she's still very talented no doubt, but she also opened her mouth and said some things which weren't particularly nice or flattering about people she never even worked with in the earlier titles when it came to the HD collection.

Comment

Team Silent hired non-actors from Malaysia..... News to me Mary. Hope she had fun voicing "Marie" in Silent Hill 2 though.

Still, it's nice to see Ryan Reynolds is a fan of Silent Hill and got his game signed.
                  Last edited by Smiley; 06-18-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X