Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been over a year. I can finally log in!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been over a year. I can finally log in!!

I've so wanted to join in on the discussions on this forum, for over a year. That forum glitch, that was supposedly fixed, was not fixed. Whenever I logged in, it would say "Thank you for logging in", and then it would log me out. I would still show up on the user list at the bottom of the screen, but I was not logged in. It was so frustrating. I couldn't even check my Private Messages, or send a message to anyone. Even when I so desperately wanted to make a reply.

I tried logging on today, and forum actually let me!

But the main reason I'm posting about this, is because if I was having problems, there was no telling how many new people wanted to register and login, and couldn't. I hope that the board error is fixed. It was a really bad one.

I got lucky that I was able to login today for the first time in over a year! If I log out, there is no telling that I will be able to login again. That is why I'm posting this now, just incase.

It bothered me so much, because I followed all of the instructions that were posted in the News Topic at the top of the page, and I still couldn't log in. It bothered me that everyone thought the bug was fixed, when in fact it really wasn't.

I'm so happy to be able to be logged in right now! If you guys did finally fix it, Thank You!

And Thank You Dot50Cal and Darkmoon!
    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Didn't you get the message I sent you? I asked Carn and he said it was something to do with either www or http in the address - apparently, one or the other mucks things up.

Glad you can log in again though.

Comment

Interesting, I've had that same problem. When I enter my username/password and proceed to log in, it decides not to instead and sends me back to the forum page. I finally figured out that if, and only if I check>remember me< when I sign in, it will actually let me do so. That's the only way I can log in these days. It doesn't bother me much anymore since I figured out how to bypass it.
      Last edited by REmaster; 06-19-2012, 08:01 PM.
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        Didn't you get the message I sent you? I asked Carn and he said it was something to do with either www or http in the address - apparently, one or the other mucks things up.

Glad you can log in again though.
        It has nothing to do with the www or http in the address. Because I tried both. In fact, just when I tried to log in, just now, it wouldn't let me again. It took me back to the main page, and it still said Login at the top. I went to go and record a video with HyperCam, to show you, and then when I logged in while I was recording doing so, it let me log in! Half the time it works, and half the time it doesn't. If for some reason I can't log in again, I will record a video, and either put it on YouTube or have Alzaire send it to you.

Apparently the bug still exists. Sometimes it lets you log in, sometimes it doesn't. I don't know why. Is there anyway you guys can re-program the login code? There has to be a bug somewhere that is causing that problem.
        My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
        ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
          It has nothing to do with the www or http in the address. Because I tried both. In fact, just when I tried to log in, just now, it wouldn't let me again. It took me back to the main page, and it still said Login at the top. I went to go and record a video with HyperCam, to show you, and then when I logged in while I was recording doing so, it let me log in! Half the time it works, and half the time it doesn't. If for some reason I can't log in again, I will record a video, and either put it on YouTube or have Alzaire send it to you.

Apparently the bug still exists. Sometimes it lets you log in, sometimes it doesn't. I don't know why. Is there anyway you guys can re-program the login code? There has to be a bug somewhere that is causing that problem.
          I don't believe it's an issue with the forum software, but as some of the other staff were discussing - the server has been having some issues and they've been increasing as of late and I was having log-in issues as well as getting constant server errors for well over a year so I'd put it down to server issues which the forum software is running from so if the server is having errors then that would result in the forum ending up in getting those errors as well.

As some days the site is completely unavailable for a good couple of hours because of the server acting up.
          sigpic
          Non-blurry Signature Version
          Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
          X