People that work on Resident Evil..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People that work on Resident Evil..

Always have no real interest in it beyond work.. Why? Anyone else think that's strange? Or maybe they're just posting under fake names.

are you talking about the voice actors ?
    well, none of them is ever really that good now ..

Comment

Mainly the voice actors yeah. I don't know about the Japanese staff, maybe they interact more with the fans..

Comment

Voice actors get many projects a year, to them this is just another job. I doubt any of them have any personal interest in the franchise.

Comment

I think its more that the language barrier is playing a part in this. Looking at the CFC tapes from back in the PSX era, theres lots of examples of the company showing some cool stuff to the fans. Other countries didn't really get anything compared to that. Being from a big company like Capcom probably plays a part too, where employee's are under NDA not to talk about the franchise or their work.

Comment

Yeah the NDA for 1.5, jesus christ they must follow it like a religion.

Comment

When I was lining up VA interviews for REFan I did managed to get in contact with the agent/agency in Canada that handles bookings for Eric Suzuki's company, which has handled about 50 games for Capcom between 1996 and 2003.

I also managed with the same swoop to see if I could get an interview with Alyson Court, because she's married to Suzuki. The woman at the company was more than willing to give it a try, and after a few e-mails back and forth I got a responce directly from Alyson, that both her and Eric were keen, asked me to send in questions, but they were both asked/warned me that it may take a few months till they cleared up their current workload (it didn't help that Alyson was doing a Loonette The Clown anniversary tour thing and the two had recently had their first child). In the end the whole thing fell apart, and I never got the interview. Probably buried under a pile of other stuff.

The other odd one was when I got an e-mail from the woman who posted all that info on the IMDb about the actual voice actors, was the voice for Rebecca in the original game and stated she was the VD. She gave an interview to a magazine but wanted to talk to us, but only after the magazine came out. I responded saying I was interested, and she wanted questions - so I sent a bunch with it, except she replied saying she wasn't going to answer all of them because some of them werent too different from the magazine, which I never saw and probably never would - so I just quit on it. It wasn't worth it if she was only going to answer just the ones that hadn't been answered elsewhere - it doesn't work that way.
              Last edited by Rombie; 07-05-2007, 05:37 PM.

Comment

That's interesting. I do have to wonder if the email person was really Rebecca or not, as it is only email. I saw the other interviews on your site though, I think it's a good feature to have.
                Last edited by Scream; 07-05-2007, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                  Always have no real interest in it beyond work.. Why? Anyone else think that's strange? Or maybe they're just posting under fake names.
                  nobody will really talk to you even when they work for capcom.

they speak japanese mainly, can you even speak any?

Comment

In Soviet Russia, Japanese speaks you.

Comment

Scream : Do Not insult others too much. U will get nemesis if you do.

The truth is, no matter how u insult me onto, no Russia people work in Capcom Japan

and...I am still the THIA member who know the most BioHazard news.

Comment

This is Dot's site not mine so it wouldn't be very nice of me to come here and start insulting people, would it? I don't see any posts where I insulted anyone.

Comment

That wasn't an insult. It was a joke, albeit it probably does clash cultures as I'm sure Family Guy probably isn't all that popular where you're from.

Comment

Arlumit has a serious language barrier to overcome, just try to understand that, and I ask the same of you Arlumit.

Comment

Working...
                            X