Silent Hill PSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill PSP

Well I wasn't sure if this was the appropriate place for this topic but since it's related to Silent Hill I figure why not. If It is in the wrong place I apologize and hope tat one of the mods can move it to the right place for me.

So recently I've gotten into psp hardware mods and learned alot about PSPs in the process. So one morning I woke up and said to myself you know what? I'm going to build one! So I decided on a Silent Hill themed PSP.

So I'm waiting on parts to come in and am looking for advice and suggestions for the casing mod itself. Example: tools and paint to use, mods I should try to attempt or button modifications. Things like that.

If anyone is interested I will post pictures of my progress and am open to all suggestions.

You could use techniques used in painting scale models to make a really rusty and weathered looking case. Something like this, except a whole lot more dirtier looking, I guess:
    My paint arrived! So I was able to paint the fins the metallic greenish color I wanted. I achieved the color by mixing Mr. Metal Color Aluminum, Bronze, and Brass. Once that was done, I was able to build and affix the fins to their various mounting points and start... Continue Reading

You're probably gonna want to buy a couple of those cheap China-made housing replacements to practice on.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

Thats actually perfect for the rust effect I was planning on using. I thought of using a bit of red too for the bloody effect the otherworld has.

The only problem I'm having is finding a good clear coat that'll hold up to semi regular use and goes on smooth
      Last edited by ParasiteAdam; 09-23-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

A lot of those hobby-grade coats aren't really meant to withstand regular wear-and-tear. You could always just double it with a clear protective case. It's kind of cheating, but at least your work doesn't end up getting chipped paint.
        Seibu teh geimu?
        ---

Comment

Working...
        X