does anyone play tekken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone play tekken?

i'm a fan of the series, i prefer tekken 5 it's great. i only wish i were good enough to bet money on it, my friend won pizza for a whole year by playing tekken at the pizza store arcade

I've been playing Tekken 3 lately...

Yeah, I know... I'm old school

Comment

Fighting games for me sorta died out after Tekken 3, They just arent fun anymore ;\

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
        I've been playing Tekken 3 lately...

Yeah, I know... I'm old school
        i love jin that's the one where jin first came out in i think

Comment

Big fan, but haven't been playing as much lately. I'm upgrading to fiber optic in anticipation for the online T5 DR (as bad as it's going to be).

They just arent fun anymore ;\
          Yeah, they're more fun :p It's been a niche genre since 2003, lost in a sea of Halo/GTA clones and me-too titles. You know it's a sad day when the horrid MK titles outsell every other series in the genre.

Let's see if Capcom new 2D game is indeed new, or something to hold off fans so Mr. Inafune can envision another westernized title that feels generic compared to the stuff that the former employees created.

Comment

yay someone else plays i play best with jin kazama, asuka and hwoarang. what about you?

Comment

Ill be interested in the Street Fighter 2 Remix when it comes out for sure, but the lack of frame changes might sour the deal.

Comment

The only Tekken game I've really been spending time with is Dark Resurrection HD on my PS3. Otherwise I really am not that interested >_>.

Dragunov is my fave to use. =D

Comment

I have to agree with John, they just simply aren't fun anymore.

I'm sorry, but I find it extremely unnecessary and a pain in the ass having to press L+Square, followed by Triangle 4 times, then having to press O then X at the same time just to execute a single move that hardly does any damage.

Newschool fighting games can cause carpal tunnel before you even hit the age of 25. Too complicated, too many recycled ideas over and over again, and flat out boring.

I really wish I could get into new fighting games, but I just find them to be toooo redundant and complicated (I don't have time to learn 500+ 5 button+ combos).
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I liked Tekken 3 and MK Trilogy. And also Killer Instinct when you do a million hit combo. Street Fighter wasn't bad either, I'm not a hardcore Street Fighter player or anything but finishing someone in an arcade with Akuma's raging demon is pretty awesome, you could probably pick up girls with that move.

Comment

it's true after a while my hand hurts : / but i like playing it lol especially in competitions with my friends Dragunov is good, i forgot about him

Comment

I've been meaning to try Tekken 5, haven't gotten around to it yet. Just like alot of stuff.
                        Last edited by CaptainDinobot; 07-10-2007, 09:21 PM.

Comment

@ Mark

There aren't such moves :p But there are a few intricate ones that require frame data knowledge and a stick. You can't play a fighter, ANY fighter with a pad and expect it to work well. And those long strings are there for newbies; no intermediate or high level player goes that far. But overall, the genre requires more practice to excel at.

But as far as redundancy.. just what genre isn't in comparison? At least fighters give you more variety and depth regardless whether you're a casual fan or hardcore. If you don't like them, you can't help it. Yes, they can be too complicated, that much is certain and that's why they're niche now.

The action genre was fairly vanilla until Kamiya added some fighter type depth to it, added moreso by Itsuno in DMC3. Team Ninja also made their only great game (NG) using some concepts from fighters.

EDIT: Sin, I'm mainly a Mishima player so it's Devil Jin, Kazuya and Heihachi for me. I've got a larger version of Jin's tattoo on my left arm too :p
                          Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 07-10-2007, 10:06 PM.

Comment

devil jin hell yeah! kaz is good too, i can play with heihachi but i don't do it often.. like rarely. i love that roundhouse kick! that move is the best

Jin's tattoo? that is hot!

Comment

Post a pic Umon ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X