RE2 PC, buggy graphics, slow, crash meeting kendo, Unplayable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE2 PC, buggy graphics, slow, crash meeting kendo, Unplayable

I've tried every single graphics setting, every chipset option, all software options, Software System memory is the only setting where I can actually play the game without a completely glitchy screwed up screen and it looks terrible and is slow, but as I enter kendo's gunshop and he says FREEZE it crashes.

I am using the 1.04 patch. What the hell can I do?

Nvidia 9500GT 1GB VRAM
    AMD Phenom 2 X555 3.2 Dual Core
    Windows XP HOME SP3
    Last edited by Darkness; 01-20-2013, 10:02 PM.

Are you running it in compatibility mode? I mean, it should work fine on XP but you never know. xD Also, running it in windowed mode can help.
    Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 01-21-2013, 01:37 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

The original pc release is well known of being very buggy with newer OS systems, try the sourcenext version instead, it's fully compatible with win xp and win7, the only drawback is that the in-game texts language are in japanese only !

Comment

I managed to fix the slowing and crashing, now I just can't save and I've tried all the google fixes. I'm not really wanting japanese text in my game lol, I can't figure out how to get the saving to work.

Comment

Gemini made a hack to completely translate the Sourcenext version of Bio 2 into English. Look for it on the RE 1/2/3 modding forums.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

I totally forgot to ask- How much RAM do you have? If you have at least 4GB's you should have plenty of power for that game after subtracting what XP reserves for itself, etc.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
              I totally forgot to ask- How much RAM do you have? If you have at least 4GB's you should have plenty of power for that game after subtracting what XP reserves for itself, etc.
              3GB, Can run pretty much any game I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                Gemini made a hack to completely translate the Sourcenext version of Bio 2 into English. Look for it on the RE 1/2/3 modding forums.
                I see where he is working on it, are those text files the hack? Cause that was all I could find

Comment

Yeah, I defintely can't figure out how to get the translations to work, the only thing I found was gemini had some .txt files on pastebin. I got Bio2Sourcenext though.

Comment

can't figure out how to edit the graphics options with sourcenext, everything is in friggin japanese and the graphics are completely fubar.

Comment

It seems like his patch isn't out yet. My apologies.
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

A little off-topic, but where does one acquire this Sourcenext version of RE2? Legally, I'm assuming.
                        sigpic

Comment

well, I guess I got it for nothing. This sucks. Game won't really run and I can't understand a lick of japanese. Theres no graphics options in this sourcenext version, I don't wanna hear no more crap about it being the superior version

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
                            A little off-topic, but where does one acquire this Sourcenext version of RE2? Legally, I'm assuming.
                            Japanese auction sites, perhaps? It's been more than 6 years since they were published and are probably long out of print, so I think you're out of luck acquiring them on regular retail sites.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

Working...
                            X