Silent Hill HD Collection...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill HD Collection...

I just purchased this since I've been wanting to finish these games for years but never got to before. On the way home I saw that it's filled with bugs and glitches.

Is it really that bad?

Can you at least finish them?

My version is the xbox one... should i got back to the mall now that's sealed and ask for a refund?

It's not "that bad." Although some users experienced quite a bit of stutter in the audio (or odd glitchy noises), and the brightness is a bit too bright in places and the fog not as thick as it should be. It's playable, but it could've been soooooo much better.

It kinda feels like playing with an emulator that doesn't quite emulate things perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
      It's not "that bad." Although some users experienced quite a bit of stutter in the audio (or odd glitchy noises), and the brightness is a bit too bright in places and the fog not as thick as it should be. It's playable, but it could've been soooooo much better.

It kinda feels like playing with an emulator that doesn't quite emulate things perfectly.

Yeah I decided to give it a go since it's actually the 2 silent hill games I've been looking forward to play. And doing that in my xbox is quite practical...

So far nothing game breaking, some visual glitches occured though...

Comment

Use original audio in SH2, though (since you can) ;D

Comment

On PS3 edition of SH2 I numerous times had glitches where I'd use a door and on the other side the world would be missing, either James just standing in black if indoors or standing in a world of fog if outdoors. Only thing can do is quit game back to system menu but that would cause a system restart.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I have the xbox 360 version too and while there are quite a few glitches, the games are still fully playable. The only issues I've really had so far is slow down when achievements are unlocked, audio and slowdown issues when using the SMG in SH3 (seemed to be a bit more bearable when the silencer is equipped) and pressing the action button seemed to target the nearest enemy as well as being used to perform actions. I remember when playing SH3 in the section when you go onto the train tracks to try and go through the door and then have to rush back onto the tracks I couldn't get back up and everytime I tried Heather targeted an enemy. I ended up killing all the dogs and the scene went fine I don't actually remember how it worked on the ps2 version?

Comment

I really don't see why some people consider it an absolute horrible mess O-o I have the PS3 version, and have no problems aside a tiny little 1-2 second lag (in 3) when running or maybe an occasional out-of-place noise Heather makes when she swings a melee weapon. I haven't ventured far into 2, though. Probably the apartments. Other than that, HD collection is nice. Never has it froze on me; did a one sitting run of an hour and fifty-five minutes and one save. Nothing bad happened. Though I did notice the lip-syncing is a little off.Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

The lip-syncing being off was caused by the new audio. I replaced SH3's audio with the PC version several months ago and it synced up perfectly. It's like they never even tested it... Oh, and the SMG bug is abysmal. Slowdown and an awful noise was sad.

Comment

Plus both games lock up at random or in specific places... I literally gave up on SH3 because of it. And this was on PS3 post last patch still. But the same happens with the 360 version.

Comment

Konami fail -_-. Silent Hill deserves better.

Comment

Well so far I'm loving it.
                      It's true it has some glitches but nothing game breaking.

I just started the hospital nightamre...

Comment

I found this to be a very nice collection of games in HD. I just love how bad the lake looks in silent hill 2!
                        I wonder if they will make a hd collection of 4 and origins?

Comment

I had no problems with SH2 or 3 what so ever.... I guess i got lucky but i did not come across a single glitch that people have described.

Comment

Either that or you're just oblivious the the visual differences within the HD set compared to the originals. To me even those were seemingly straight forward. Glitches including freezing was just the icing on the shit cake.

Comment

Its almost like Konami has abandoned Silent Hill completely....I'd almost be more in favor of Capcom buying the liscense of the game and doing their own thing with it than with what Konami has done the past decade.

Comment

Working...
                              X