shenmue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shenmue

old game but anyone play it i love this game especially how damn slow ryo is lol

Never played it actually. Probably missed the boat on it, I dont think I could go back to a game with those level of graphics now (yeah yeah, I suck )

Comment

actually i missed the boat too.. i only started playing it 2 years ago

Comment

I have it for the Dreamcast. I've played it once. Turned it off, and it never was restarted again. Mostly since I really couldn't get into it and because I've disconnected my DC to install my GC.

I need a larger A/V Selector....

Comment

Shenmue 1 was among the best games Ive ever played. Shenmue 2? Not so much. I just cant get into it, never could, and Ive tried many, many times. On DC and Xbox

Comment

i wanted shenmue 2, my ex burned it for me for my dreamcast but when it came up to the part to go to disc 2 it never let me go over

the game's detailed because the weather conditions go exactly according to the weather conditions of the year the game is based on

Comment

I got Shenmue on the Japanese launch, cost me like $100USD I think. But it was worth it, that game was amazing, especially at the time. I used to write down people's schedules and stuff lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Borman View Post
                Shenmue 1 was among the best games Ive ever played. Shenmue 2? Not so much. I just cant get into it, never could, and Ive tried many, many times. On DC and Xbox
                Wow, there's a first. I have both PAL DC and US Xbox versions (naturally prefer the former).

Curious what you didn't like about S2 myself, since almost everything (but the visuals) were better in the sequel.

Comment

Well the first one was more detailed and had a better atmosphere. The second one was larger and had more features. I guess it just depends which one you played first you like most.

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                    I got Shenmue on the Japanese launch, cost me like $100USD I think. But it was worth it, that game was amazing, especially at the time. I used to write down people's schedules and stuff lol.

i used to do that lol! i was like ok.. nozomi's phone number is 0408566702.. i think : / something like that

Comment

got them both but cna't play them on the last disc of the first one and my dreamcast refuses to load it....was getting good too

Comment

Shenmue 2 just had uninteresting characters and a horrible environment. I never felt like I knew the area like I did in Shenmue 1 (which I can still picture in my head)

Comment

I enjoyed doing that but ultimately it took too long. I would have to wait a whole day sometimes for someone to move to location. Each disc has different parts where the characters move location. I like Shenmue 2's apartment buildings, they're massive, I think people are still writing guides for them

Comment

Played Shenmue during my terrible 48h-day experiment few years back.

My girlfriend at the time hated me for doing so.
                            (Being asleep every other night, the one night I'd stay awake was spent playing Shenmue)

Never really got myself started properly on Shenmue II...

+The game has one of the worst localization jobs ever, which makes me dislike it so much. It's as if everyone speaks machine translations or something. (It's not "that bad" in Shenmue II on the Dreamcast, as you atleast don't have awkward audio to go with it, but it was still annoying that it felt like no one had done any attempts at polishing the translated script)

Comment

i played japanese shenmue 2 so i wouldn't know

Comment

Working...
                              X