No announcement yet.

Devil May Cry 4 (Demo & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're doing much more complex stuff in the cutscenes (higher poly models, self shadowing etc), so it really doesn't matter as long the game is rock solid 60Hz. One version is going to change there, and going by the inconsistency, it's likely that they'll lock the PS3 one at 30Hz.

After spending some time with the demo today, my opinion changed a bit for the better. Standard fights are still tame, but the Berial fight is well done. Had some deja vu moments (RE4 gigante fight, right down to the stage design.

EDIT:

You can actually pan the camera with the right stick in the cutscenes, and zoom in using R2.
    Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 01-25-2008, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I got the demo the other day from the Japan PSN store (it was the only PSN store that had it at the time but there's no translations needed).
      I'm impressed!
      It's the 1st demo for quite a while that's made me go "WOW! ".
      The visuals are an amazing quality. I was studying my 1080p screen expecting to see at least a tiny seem or tear amongst all the incredible detail but there are none. The snow level was nothing special (I think every game includes a snow/ice level as a lazy way to save time in development ) but the streets, building interiors, wharf, and that big Berial dude looked stunning.
      I think it's gonna be a VERY sweet looking game!
      It seems to basically have the same gameplay of the earlier games. Fast, furious and fun, juggling, shooting and smashing of multiple enemies. I had fun messing around with different combos and ways of killing them and I'm sure there will be lots more you can do in the full game too.
      No controller issues for me, it's perfect.
      I was pretty sure I was gonna buy it but now I'm certain I will.

Comment

I downloaded the demo 2 days ago on xbox live and it looks better than most xbox360 games. It is an awesome game and feels just like DMC3. Zombie_X pre-ordered it and I can't wait!

Comment

Nero is Dante's brother right?

Comment

It's Dante but not really Dante cause Dante is old so it's just some twin of Dante when he was younger.....Dante

Comment

*me too*

Sorry, just wanted to say something but everyone else has already said anything I could say about this demo so I'm just saying this.

Actually I have one other thing to say, for some odd reason games are slipping dates here. EA couldn't get enough copies of Burnout here so the release got delayed a week or so till Friday the 1st of Feb here. And now apparently Capcom Europe won't get copies to Australia and NZ of DMC4 until late Feb.

POOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Stars_g36 View Post
                Nero is Dante's brother right?
                Spoiler:

Comment

EDIT: *What Nemesis said above is actually correct according to leaked info, but I haven't seen anyone confirm it*
                  Last edited by The Dude; 01-27-2008, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Does anyone actually care about plot lines anymore?

Comment

Actually, yeah I do care about plotlines, its usually one of the main reasons I play a game in the first place.

Comment

Ditto. If the plot sucks or doesn't exist I don't play. See Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          I think everyone knew that. The story is too predictable all things considered.

I can narrow it down to two games with plotlines that I care about: Silent Hill and Shenmue.

If a game has an iffy story but the gameplay is good, it's a pass for me. MGS2 comes to mind (I've in fact skipped cutscenes the first time around because of their length). Fighters and action need not apply; they have pron quality depth and there for the sake of having a story.

Comment

Not always true. I, personally, enjoy the backstory to Soul Calibre and Mortal Kombat...bar Armageddon. That one annoyed because, unlike the previous games, it didn't bother resolving anything. And as for action...uhhh...BioShock? I do enjoy the story there.

Comment

Well see this is my point, is there a story here? Just more family ties that make no sense, and that's kinda it. They've just thrown plot out the window and gone for action and bullet time, if they played all the cutscenes at the proper speed they would be over in 5 minutes. And the gameplay is just the same old stuff (no shock there)
                              Last edited by rewak; 01-28-2008, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                                Not always true.
                                It is for me actually, and I didn't say it was the case with everyone else :p

Comment

Working...
                                X