No announcement yet.

to 360 owners:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to guess there is some sort of compression or limited channels going on with the 360 version of GTA4. Basically the PS3 version has over 15GB of extra space going to waste if both versions are sitting at 9GB, and I can't see them not wanting to use it for higher quality audio. Only Rockstar will know at this stage though I guess.

Developers are space hungry and bitch about it a lot too.

Uncharted maxed out the 25GB disc (ND was complaining about that already), and as most people know MGS4's going to be the first dual layer BD game and there was the comments made by Kojima and Payton about the lack of space STILL (although to Payton's credit, they talked about how they attempted to plan out their use of the space and just ended up needing more than they expected).
    Last edited by Rombie; 04-15-2008, 11:13 AM.

Comment

They're likely sitting at 9GB each, or even less. To note a Capcom example, the audio quality for both DMC4 versions is the same. I'm inclined to believe that the install was a TON of duplicate data because the demo was the same size for both versions, and so was the audio quality at DD. Even with the LPCM option, the samples weren't as clean as say, NGS at DD only.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        I hear Lair is getting an analog control patch. Do you think it'd be worth it to pick it up on a cheap with that? I mean are the controls the only thing that make the title that poor?
        I keep hearing mixed reactions, and I missed the boat of picking up that game for cheap months ago when some stores were practically giving it away for $25 here.

I picked up Folklore instead, and it's worth every penny if you're into action RPG's.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
          They're likely sitting at 9GB each, or even less. To note a Capcom example, the audio quality for both DMC4 versions is the same. I'm inclined to believe that the install was a TON of duplicate data because the demo was the same size for both versions, and so was the audio quality at DD. Even with the LPCM option, the samples weren't as clean as say, NGS at DD only.
          You're probably right. I just don't see much point in the costs required by the BD-space if you're not going to use whats avaliable. By that standard, aside from potential load stress, they could be putting multiformat games on dual-layed DVD's still.

MGS4 is fairly straight forward and I'm expecting the audio to be taking up the most of the 50GB on offer.

GTA4 puzzles me though... Rockstar has 18 radio stations, plus cutscene audio, ped voice, and all other audio and they have to fit that with a HD based game into less than 9GB. I makes me wonder what changes or sacrifices they've made to do that really.

Comment

Maybe they took a leaf out of the book of the people who made RE2 N64.

EDIT: Oh, shit yeah, now I'm Mr. X!
            Last edited by Helegad; 04-17-2008, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X