Dino Crisis vs Resident Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
    When I first played no.1 I always felt regina was waiting for Gail to turn into a traitor at any given moment.
    Yeah I got that impression too. Like in the beginning when she accused him of tearing open the fence. She was always like "what are you doing here" and "I don't trust my own team mate blah blah blah".

DC1 did feel a bit more like a RE game in the sense of the game structure. Such as specific scares, low ammo, and files/item collecting.

I just like the second one more since it was more enjoyable to play, but Regina seemed like a b**ch to Dylan all the time.

Comment

I just hope that Capcom make a sequel set after the events of the 2nd game, where Regina is trying to get back to the point in time at the end to save both Dylan and Paula.

Comment

Attached Files
        Last edited by Project Omega; 07-13-2008, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
          Woah I never saw that before in re3 thanks for the pic project omega didn't know that existed until now.

Comment

there are DC and Dark Stalkers posters in Survivor all over the place, even in the church...
            Last edited by FeurMensch; 07-13-2008, 10:00 PM.

Comment

oh i noticed the posters in survivor, i didnt however notice that one in resident evil 3, thanks omega

Comment

Is this a promo screen or an actual in-game background? If so, what version? That's the highest resolution I've ever seen for an RE3 background. O_o
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I think it's from the PC version since that version had higher res backgrounds.

Comment

Yeah, that image is from my PC background rip. If only the PSX BG rips looked that good...

Comment

what about using PS3 smoothing system on the ps1 games

Comment

Smoothing doesn't cover whatever is not there (ie. pixels, since the original PS version ran at a lower resolution). Upscaling/smoothing is also a mixed bag. It only makes things look truly better if you have a CRT HDTV (1080i upscaling). Games like RE4 looked actually pretty good upscaled on my old CRT, and horrendous on LCD (and I do have the best LCD currently on the market).

The DC version on the other hand was based on the PC code, and it has full SD (640x480) backgrounds. If it weren't for the controller, that version was the best. CG was lower frame rate, but the graphics got a bit of a bump and audio was actually better.

Comment

agreed on the graphics and audio on the GC. But my RE4 on PS2 will have to do!

Comment

I loved Dino Crisis, and i respect it for bowing out gracefully after going into space and realising it really had went up its own arse.

Comment

The fact of existence of DC3 must deleted from the memory of the humanity, for me the serious ended on DC2, it's still one of my favorite games.
                              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

RE3 PC has such hi-res backgrounds... they look awesome.

Umon Daisuke: We have a 26" 1080i Samsung CRT HDTV and PSX games look really good on PS3 with upscaling. I can't confirm PS2 since my brother cheap'd out and got a PS3 that doesn't support PS2 games . Still......

To comment on smoothing, it makes everything look a little blurry. Especially on RE1/RE2. They look like they are using "Super Eagle" video renderer that is found in emulators....

I consider the DC port of Bio2 to be the most superior of the bunch. It had a high fps, full screen DVD quality cut scenes, and all the PC extras. Clearly the winner. The DC controller isn't bad though, I like it more than the NGC's.
                                Last edited by FeurMensch; 07-21-2008, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X