No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 is an unreliable piece of shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It did, i sent it back and got a new one in about a week and a half. Haven't had a problem since. Then a few months later they sent me another one for no reason. Can't complain with that!

Comment

• Originally posted by rewak View Post
      It did, i sent it back and got a new one in about a week and a half. Haven't had a problem since. Then a few months later they sent me another one for no reason. Can't complain with that!
      Mark of a staunch fanboy. You complain that your PS and PS2 allegedly broke and that ticked you off but the 360, despite breaking, is fine. Topped it off with a ludicrous claim that MS was generous enough to actually send a free console.

Give it a rest, and enough of the "I'm not going into that debate again" line.

Comment

• Comment

• The title of this thread still describes the 360 perfectly!

Comment

• The title of this thread still describes the 360 perfectly!
            I liked Dot's "Flopbox 180" quote
            I was gonna call it the 'Shitbox 1.5' but that'd just be asking for trouble...

My own experiences are largely playstation based:
            My ps1, the old fat model, still works but it's reached the stage where I have to turn it on its side to boot many games. But my ps2 plays everything in my ps1 collection so I have no need to use it anyway.
            My ps2, the old fat model, is about 7 years old. It's chipped and has a HDD installed. I've used it virtually everyday, sometimes several hours everyday and STILL use it everyday. It's never had a disk read error or been unable to play a disk, dvd, game or movie. Until I got my ps3 about 5 months ago it was also my only dvd player, so basically it's been worked like a dog and still is. NEVER had a problem.
            I'm sure some systems fail through no fault of their user. The amount of consoles out there means that it's bound to happen to some unfortunate people. But some people just treat their stuff like crap. I have a cousin who breaks everything he owns, sooner rather than later. Controllers get sat on and stood on, food and drink gets spilled on everything, disks get scratched etc...
            My gamecube works perfect but its had limited use since I only play a few games on it.

Controllers are another matter, though. I've had to buy several 'dual shock 2's. The 1st one I actually broke in a fit of rage when playing 'GTA:Vice City' (it was a bloody frustrating mission which I did eventually beat... I was a bit um, 'unstable' at the time). Next, was when I got into 'Fight Night'. Using the analogue sticks to punch is fun but it's costly. One stick got knocked off center. I didn't really notice until I was playing a driving game and found myself veering to the right all the time. 3rd time was another Fight Night incident when I busted a stick completely (it was just left dangling all limp). Finally I wised up and bought a couple of cheap 3rd party controllers, just to plug in when playing that game.
            No problems with the 'sixaxis' yet but it will soon be obsolete when I get me one of those new 'dual shock 3's.
            The gamecube pad is very well made. It feels kinda 'toyish' when you first try it but it's cool and fun to use. I reckon I could use my fists to punch the buttons and it still wouldn't break.

Comment

• I gotta admit, the only system I don't own is the PS3. I'm thinking of buying one because, eventually, there is gonna be a game that isn't gonna be ported to the 360 that I want. Probably a Final Fantasy, since every Metal Gear game ended up being ported around. And I'm patient as the grave when I need to be.

But I won't buy one until two things happen.

1 - It reaches a sensible price. I don't care about graphics, it's ability to play blu-rays or the fact it can shoot lazer beams out it's IR sensor. Exactly the same as I didn't give a damn about all the super important extras on the 360. If it's more than £250 ($500) with no games I ain't touching it. It's not a question of being able to afford it either. It's purely a question of how much I feel a game system is worth.

2 - They get rid of that awful 'This is Living' advertisement campaign. I dunno if they have it in the US, so here it is via the magic of YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps93bdElsmA - I'm sorry...how many drugs do you need before the idea of telling people that a games console is Living becomes a good one? Or you're willing to approve the budget for that advert. There are more, many more if you enjoy poking yourself in the eye with a stick. I've never seen adverts that literally made me stop buying something before.

When those two happen I may well buy a PS3. I gotta admit, the 360 is the only machine to ever breakdown on me, and I tend to buy consoles second hand (I'm a cheap sod sometimes).

Comment

• Thankfully they have dropped the ad campaign they ran during launch in the US. It too was a disaster.

PS3's start of a $150m campaign. Ouch.(have a look at the other commercials too)

They actually show game footage now which is nice.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Won't even consider picking up the PS3 till some decent exclusive titles appear on it *meaning MGS4, a decent FF title or RPG etc*

Comment

• It's amazing how this topic has picked up 8 pages. Maybe someone should send the link to Microsoft.

Comment

• Well, it'll make them laugh.

"Hah! Look at those foolish people. They bought our product...and expected it to work. HAHAHAH! Money in the bank."

To be fair, Dude, MGS will probably only be exclusive for a while. Like all the other MGS titles. It'll end up on the 360 in a year or so. With extras and updates.

Comment

• MGS3 didn't come to the X-Box.

Given the likely issues worked against the team to delay the PS3 version, a X360 version is likely only if the PS3 doesn't sell to make enough and is cost effective for them to work out how to port. Even then I won't be expecting to see it 12 months or so later, probably at least 18 if not almost 2 years.

Comment

• I doubt that it'd be ported at all, and I didn't rate MGS2 Substance as a port to either the Xbox or the PC, both were horrendously flawed.
                          And MGS PC stank.

Comment

• Wasn't it? I could have sworn I'd seen metal gear solid 3 Substance, but my mind may well be slipping. Ah well. Can't be right all the time.

Just most of it.

Comment

• MGS3 Subsistance (SP) was again PS2 only.

Comment

• Holy shit. I don't believe it.

Comment

Working...
                                X