No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 is an unreliable piece of shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure the 360's hardware is unreliable, but it still stands head and shoulders above PS3 once you've wireless and have the HD-DVD player.

Since i got the wireless adaptor i've been streaming divx from my PC to the 360 and it's utterly seamless, great stuff indeed!

Comment

• The "new" Xbox360's still have all the same problems as the Original 360's, just not as much. My friend bought a Elite and it RROD on him the first day. His second died after 3 months from overheating.

Zombie_X got a 250GB USB WD HDD with his XMAS money and put around 100GB of music on it along with 50GB of AVI movies. Man that HDD is awesome!!
      Last edited by FeurMensch; 12-27-2007, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
        Sure the 360's hardware is unreliable, but it still stands head and shoulders above PS3 once you've wireless and have the HD-DVD player.

Since i got the wireless adaptor i've been streaming divx from my PC to the 360 and it's utterly seamless, great stuff indeed!
        I'm happier with my built-in components, rather than having to pay for extra addons... I didn't buy the sega CD and I was happy with my choice on that one. k-thks. :0

j/k ;)

Comment

• ^
          $280 worth of an upgrade (MSRP anyway), and add the plug and charge ($25). Then there is the propietary HDD, which is an anomaly by itself since the standalone HDD's don't sell well.

XBL is king, period. So are most multiplatform games on the console, but it's not quite an attractive hardware bundle especially that it's unreliable. As a media hub, the PS3 is heads and shoulders above the 360 all around. Streaming has been the norm for a while.

I wanted to get that HD-DVD drive so badly... but looking at HD sales month after month in favor of BD makes me hesistant. MS's pockets are deep enough to keep the war going (Paramount anyone?), so we'll see.

Comment

• I'm going to do my best at not sounding bias. I liked the original XBOX and the PS2. But I owned the XBOX first and tended to learn towards it with games that were for both systems. I only got a PS2 once Resident Evil came to it. So I only bought games that were one form the PS2 gaming system, such as the Resident Evils, God or War games, and Shadow of the Collis...(I forgot what it's called)

Point being: When PS3 came out, the XBOX 360 had done been around for alwhile, and thus, was cheaper. I bought the Xbox 360. I will do the same as I did with the original XBOX and the PS2, when enough games that I am intereseted in come out strickly for the PS3, I'll buy one.
            And by the looks of things: That won't be any time soon since Silent Hill 5 and Resident Evil 5 are being made for the 360 now. I guess only time will tell.
            I hope my statement didn't sound too bias.

Comment

• Not at all, im on the same boat as far as leaning towards 360.
              I've had mine for a year and 3 months and no mishaps touchwood.
              Besides the occasional disc read error.

Comment

• a xbox 360 i sold to my g.fs sister just got the r.r.o.d, i feel really bad now because it was mine, but tbh she has had it for 2 months, so it really isn't my problem, i think . I've never known a console to have soo many mishaps. The ps1 and xbox 1, still work for me, this very day, so there like over 8 years old, well the xbox is less but still. Even the gamecube takes a whole 4 odd hours of resident evil here and there without getting killed. I really hope they leave this dark area of games consoles and with the xbox 3 or ps4, we don't have any problems because if it's true that games will only be bougth from the internet and downloaded onto your console, then that woudl be a problem if you spend 100's on games downloaded onto your new ps4 and then it dies on you. btw john doe, it's called shadow of the colossus and is the last brand new and best game i've bought on the ps2, except ff12 ;p

Comment

• The most reliable console i've ever had was the Snes, 17 years i've had it for and its still working as good as the day I have it.

Comment

• you see designers should really take this into account, because it's really bad from their point of view, because they are microsoft and they should produce the worlds best machines etc.

Comment

• The most reliable console i've ever had was the Snes, 17 years i've had it for and its still working as good as the day I have it.
                      Have to agree on that, the Snes is a very reliable system. Though, I still somehow managed to kill my first Snes. Think it might've suffered certain death at some point through a currency issue caused by heavy use of early Datel Universal Adapters or something. Though, my 2nd Snes still lives on after 10 years with a Backup Unit hooked up ontop of it, one that even leeches its floppy drive power directly from the Snes itself and not through a separate power supply.

Not at all, im on the same boat as far as leaning towards 360.
                      I've had mine for a year and 3 months and no mishaps touchwood.
                      Besides the occasional disc read error.
                      Toss in a couple of months extra there and you have my 360. Toss in a closed cabinet with bad ventilation and a Wii in WiiConnect24 mode and an LG Combi Recorder and you've got a an exact reproduction of my 360 setup. Turn it into a travel companion as you travel northern Europe and you have my 360! (Though, I stopped bringing it when I started going south west in Europe)

Comment

• Only problem i've had with my SNES was a loose connection in the power adapter from when the old man yanked it by catching it in a door about 4 years into owning the console.
                        Bit of sticky tape to keep it in position and its still grand.

Kept my 360 in the same cupboard since I got it as its positioned under the living room HDTV, probably take it with me when I move but that won't be for another month or two.

Comment

• "Colossus" !! That's it. I own the game, but haven't played it in forever. I guess I got confused on the name because in the game the Colossus are called something else.

Comment

• I have my xbox 360 since it was released, and I absolutely never had any problem with it. Never.

And most games are released on both ps3 and 360 so... I'm not motivated at all to spend 500 bucks on a ps3 I don't have any use for.
                            Last edited by Rick Hunter; 01-27-2008, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The John Doe View Post
                              "Colossus" !! That's it. I own the game, but haven't played it in forever. I guess I got confused on the name because in the game the Colossus are called something else.
                              yeah the colossus's are called colossi for some reason. But it is one of the best on ps2, if you want a puzzle kinda game.

Comment

• My 360 totalled my COD4 disc, scratched it beyond usage now.
                                Not like it bothered me, my COD4 stats were 40+ anyway and the game ceased being fun due to pubescant kids, over aggressive pseudo alpha male yanks and thick as s*it scousers yelling abuse at each other on deathmatches.

Comment

Working...
                                X