No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 is an unreliable piece of shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when you can play video's and such that are on your laptop through the 360, some video's say they can't be played because they are an unsupported codec or something.
    Is it possible to get codecs for the 360 so these video's can be watched?

Comment

• One of mine RROD, and the eject button stopped working on my spare. Lovely. Sent the RROD one back though so should get that back soon.

Comment

• Dot did you make sure your disk isnt scratched or anything?
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rewak View Post
          and the eject button stopped working on my spare. Lovely.
          This has been happening to mine too. I press the button, I can hear the disc stop spinning, on screen it tells me "Opening Tray" but nothing happens. I have to push on the tray and then it comes free. It's a pretty strange problem. Sometime it attempts to open the tray when I haven't pressed the button, I'll be in game and it'll throw me back to the Dashboard and it'll be saying "Opening Tray".

Comment

• Mine just does nothing, no response at all. Need to shove a little pin in the hole to force eject it.

Comment

• My launch 360 finally died in January of this year The old boy lasted a lot longer than everyone else thought it would though. Microsoft was nice enough to repair it for free....but they actually just sent me a brand new 360 instead, lol!
              Originally posted by Itashious_boy View Post
              Dot did you make sure your disk isnt scratched or anything?
              Seeing as he started this thread almost two years ago, I'm gonna go ahead and assume he resolved his problem.

Comment

• yeah the colossus's are called colossi for some reason. But it is one of the best on ps2, if you want a puzzle kinda game.
                Perhaps grammar is the reason?

This has been happening to mine too. I press the button, I can hear the disc stop spinning, on screen it tells me "Opening Tray" but nothing happens. I have to push on the tray and then it comes free. It's a pretty strange problem. Sometime it attempts to open the tray when I haven't pressed the button, I'll be in game and it'll throw me back to the Dashboard and it'll be saying "Opening Tray".
                This is what happened to me before mine RRODed >_>
                Last edited by James; 07-02-2008, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Its fully official then, my 360 = Dead.
                  No red rings, it won't run 360 or Original titles, but will still function as a DVD player no problem.
                  Ordering an Xbox 360 "Arcade" console deal tomorrow and'll just slap the drive from my premium console into it, I don't tend to download onto the drive anyway so I still have 10-9gb on it spare anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                    Its fully official then, my 360 = Dead.
                    No red rings, it won't run 360 or Original titles, but will still function as a DVD player no problem.
                    Ordering an Xbox 360 "Arcade" console deal tomorrow and'll just slap the drive from my premium console into it, I don't tend to download onto the drive anyway so I still have 10-9gb on it spare anyway.
                    What, why? Just tell them It's got the red rings. They'll send you the box and fix it for free.

Comment

• They'll easily find out its not red rings.
                      The xbox console and menu run fine
                      it just doesn't run games.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                        They'll easily find out its not red rings.
                        The xbox console and menu run fine
                        it just doesn't run games.
                        I'm telling you it will work. At the very least, you plan on spending money on another one anyway, who cares if they send it back? If it's the HD you're worried about them keeping, they don't even want you to ship it to them.
                        Last edited by Corrin; 07-06-2008, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• im not concerned about the HD I have bugger all on it.
                          I don't want to be hit with a delivery and repair bill when they discover its not red ringed.
                          I figured they'd test the bloody thing first.

Comment

• They don't, usually. Just call them and tell them you can sometimes play games, and it'll red ring. But if you let it cool down a while it lets you play for 10 minutes or so before the red ring. Why would you pay for a new console when it too will probably just RROD? Insane.
                            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-06-2008, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Good point man, my brother's ordered it prior to work so its too late now, BUT i'll send it back as a red ring case all the same.
                              The thing overheats anyway but not enough to red ring but if you're confident about it. i'll get it sent off, besides its 2 years old anyway.

Comment

• Got my 360 back today with a letter saying what they had replaced, the DVD drive and the motherboard. And a months free Live Gold.

Comment

Working...
                                X