No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 is an unreliable piece of shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the warranty on these things like? I got mine around november 07 there or there abouts?
    Or is Red Ring-ing an life time warranty thing

Comment

• Stock warranty is 1 year, but if your console RROD'ed on you, they bump that console to 3 years.

You can always RROD the console your self, and it easy!
      1) Just take off the A/V cords along with any Ethernet or USB Wireless adapter, and the HDD.
      2) Rap it up in a bunch of towels amd make sure it's completely covered.
      3) Lay it on it's side and turn it on, let it bake for an hour.

This how we had to get our first 360 fixed since M$ said repair would be 150 USD. This method could also fix the RROD, but the longer you leave it in the towels, the higher chance that you'll get a RROD. Hope this helps.
      Last edited by FeurMensch; 07-07-2008, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Dangerous but if it gets the job done i'll give it a shot.
        Anyone know Microsoft Europe/UK's policy on these things? usually its worse then the US.

Comment

• I say someone just start building a water cooling systems for 360's. Seems like that's what it needs...

Comment

• The actual problem with the 360 is the GPU chip itself. From what I've read, M$ actually designed their own and it was flawed. Originally they were going to have another company design it but they cheap'd out and made theirs...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dude View Post
              Dangerous but if it gets the job done i'll give it a shot.
              Anyone know Microsoft Europe/UK's policy on these things? usually its worse then the US.
              When you call up, just say you're getting the Red Rings. They'll ask you questions like "How many lights (3) and what colour does the power supply light show (green)". They'll arrange for someone to pick it up, so all you have to do is stick it in a box, hand it over and it'll be back to you in a week or so.

Comment

• Cool, will ring them up later about it then.

Comment

• Lol, Microsoft gets owned!

Comment

• Heard that old 360s which get sent there get updated with the HDMI port.
                    That correct?

Comment

• Sorry to say but no it isn't correct at all. Those are considered another model of the 360, and as such, they will just give you another like the one you have now. Sorry Dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                        I say someone just start building a water cooling systems for 360's. Seems like that's what it needs...
                        Overhauled mine a few months ago. Cost a pretty penny, but it was worth it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• That's just damn awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by FeurMensch View Post
                            Sorry to say but no it isn't correct at all. Those are considered another model of the 360, and as such, they will just give you another like the one you have now. Sorry Dude...
                            Well thats shittastic.
                            Coulda sworn I read that some 360's which got repaired came back with HDMI output soldered into it

Comment

• There is apparently no consistency. If you get a brand new one or newer refurbished instead you might get one with it... sometimes you might get yours or another like yours with some added parts... referbs which have tested fine.

No offense intended here abbatoo, as cool as that mod is, .... how did you justify that cost to being worth it?

It's a shame Microsoft has a shitty system with cooling issues... but if you have to waste money to fix their problems by having to watercool a console it's a sorry state of affairs. PC's I can understand because of what people can do to change whats going on, but having to do that to a console just shows shitty design issues and I'd end up feeling like I'd have to send pictures and a invoice to Microsoft and tell them they had to pay for me for the cost to fix the problems with my console properly.
                              Last edited by Rombie; 07-08-2008, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Well to be fair, as far as console modding goes, once you buy something it's yours to customize to your hearts content. I see it as an add-on which makes the system not only more reliable as it's getting adequate ventilation from it's normal fans, but the processors are now being cooled substantially by the radiator set up, it can also add to any future external mods...

I remember in the old days where Nintendo was king of the market, we used to blow our lungs out into the NES carts and the system itself to keep it working so maybe this is the modern equivalent to that? Perhaps as consoles evolve, gamers have to become more resourceful and come up with fancier and sometimes riskier solutions to keep playing the game. I guess in this age, as sad as it is, blowing into the console just won’t cut it

Comment

Working...
                                X