Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rombie
    replied
    I think I still like the traditional "hardboiled" concept myself. As a genre it's generally a mix between noir and pulp adventure stories, and you can set them in... well yeah, exotic locals.

The issue here is the game is seemingly so removed that on what we currently know it would be better as a new IP. But clearly Rockstar/Take Two want to use the brand and build on it. I agree with most of the people around here, doesn't seem like a good way they are going with it.

Rockstar isn't making any E3 apperances so we're not going to hear more about this or anything else they're working on until they decide to start releasing the info sadly.

Leave a comment:

• BBboy20
    replied
    Originally posted by Rombie View Post
    ^ Say what? Noir = jungle
    Is "exotic" a better word?

But that probably explains the reasoning behind the change in time frame.
    I don't know, the amount of hell Max went through in the first two games would make any regular soldier hair turn white; the fact that he managed to crack a smile (with or without Mona) was probably the ultimate reward for the rest of his life. Seriously, I don't understand why the developer didn't think about this first: having the trouble come to Max would have been a good enough excuse to do a sequel.
    Last edited by BBboy20; 06-12-2010, 05:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rewak
    replied
    I agree about them just needing to cancel this, i'm not against a MP3, but this is not Max Payne!

Leave a comment:

• Rombie
    replied
    ^ Say what? Noir = jungle, probably not so much, hardboiled style maybe. But in any case you're correct it doesn't mesh as well with the ending(s) of 2. But that probably explains the reasoning behind the change in time frame.

Leave a comment:

• BBboy20
    replied
    Indeed I will miss the New York streets and the gritty noir/graphic novel style of the original two...
    It's been stated that noir also enjoys urban jungle settings but I still don't like that Max's behavior contradicts his new found understanding at the end of 2.
    Last edited by BBboy20; 06-11-2010, 10:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Carnivol
    replied
    They've clearly expressed that they want to do sequels for Alan Wake (treating Alan Wake as "Season 1" and the DLC the "TV specials"), so if Alan Wake ends up doing well enough, I'm sure they'll be going strong on the follow ups too.

(Or, well, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the sequel stuff isn't already in pre-production, just waiting for an approval to go full force.)

Only thing, of course, is that the current sales of Alan Wake haven't exactly been shockingly good. But it'll rise, for sure.

Leave a comment:

• A-J
    replied
    They've only got two DLC episodes to do, and I would think DLC content doesn't require the full team's assistance. They can go into pre production right now and get the game out next year hopefully.

A man can dream.

Leave a comment:

• Carnivol
    replied
    Although inital sales weren't stunning

Originally posted by A-J View Post
    Remedy are free now
    Alan Wake disagrees!

Leave a comment:

• A-J
    replied
    They need to just cancel this already. It's for the better. Remedy are free now, have them make a proper one.

Leave a comment:

• Rombie
    replied
    I think I've gotten over that fact... (and perhaps due to some discussions about that issue in the original thread). If the gameplay is solid and the story is solid, then I'll accept the angle they've taken it. Indeed I will miss the New York streets and the gritty noir/graphic novel style of the original two... but I kinda understand that that story has been told.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well 1) I was doing it to post the link to the already existing thread which clearly escapes your mental capacity to look for, 2) you're now replying to my original post a second time after already making comment about my comeback for apparently no reason. Which seems pointless, which unsuprisingly leads me back to my original comment, and also point 3) which is exactly what this topic is; seemingly pointless.

I'll ignore this fact and post in actual responce to the situation for you then if it makes you feel better.
    Nah I always feel better no matter what the circumstance in the internet haha. And besides your post I quoted was directed to 5min. when I said this...
    Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    You do realize it was suggested already in this thread on posting it on the existing topic rather than making me making the thread. You don't need to remind it to someone once a user already acknowledges the first post with his reply which is mine.
    How can anyone be surprised at this. Had it been Remedy alone making this this this would already be expected, as they live by "when it's done" but as it's not them having anything to do with this - but it is Rockstar/Take Two trying to make a re-invented follow up to the first two - I kinda expect they're going to have to take their time with this to make sure it comes out correctly. And to do that, delays will happen.
    I am thinking they hype it even more and try to get money out of peoples pockets when they can. Though it is such a pisstake on these delays on games when they announce the anticipated first release date. I was relieved when FF13's release date was finalized though took too long. Though what really ticks me off is max payne is old, bald(nothing wrong with it but not really max payne-ish), and fat and not too mention slob-looking haha.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2010, 02:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rombie
    replied
    Originally posted by Lightning View Post
    You do realize it was suggested already in this thread on posting it on the existing topic rather than making me making the thread. You don't need to remind it to someone once a user already acknowledges the first post with his reply which is mine.
    Well 1) I was doing it to post the link to the already existing thread which clearly escapes your mental capacity to look for, 2) you're now replying to my original post a second time after already making comment about my comeback for apparently no reason. Which seems pointless, which unsuprisingly leads me back to my original comment, and also point 3) which is exactly what this topic is; seemingly pointless.

I'll ignore this fact and post in actual responce to the situation for you then if it makes you feel better.

How can anyone be surprised at this. Had it been Remedy alone making this this this would already be expected, as they live by "when it's done" but as it's not them having anything to do with this - but it is Rockstar/Take Two trying to make a re-invented follow up to the first two - I kinda expect they're going to have to take their time with this to make sure it comes out correctly. And to do that, delays will happen.
    Last edited by Rombie; 06-09-2010, 12:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    In all honesty I am not sure, after its 2nd delay. Reminded me of FF13 being delayed so much when it was supposedly released at 2009(forgot the then date announced at '09). You know when it comes to games it's announced date changes(some anyway). We'll just see in a near future let's just see if they will delay it...again or it is the exact.

Leave a comment:

• 5 Minutes
    replied
    The earliest Max Payne 3 can now ship is November. A Take-Two representative told IGN the publisher has no further announcements about the release date and would not confirm if the game has moved into calendar 2011.
    Interesting, the Take-Two Rep's comment comes off as stand-offish as in, "It's going to be late in release, don't ask us anything else. Bye"
    I'm sure I am misinterpreting that though. What do you think Lightning?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I was going to say... this didn't really need it's own thread, you could have used the already existing one.

Yes and no, this is a game news about its head up after all and I was unaware of its topic existing but I already made the thread already haha.
    No need for your suggestion nor would I want it. I already know it was my bad

Also I don't think I need to lead anyone regarding the topic after the off-topic posts anyway. Oh well that's that and all I am posting is a heads up on Max Payne 3 being delayed again.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2010, 12:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X